6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunny

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I put a Rough Country 6" lift on the Ole' Hoe' and I was wondering if anyone else had trouble with the steering wheel self-centering. It doesn't want to come back to center after a turn on the highway. I believe it needs more camber but the alignment guy said that's all there is. I bought a set of adjustable upper ball joints that should allow for more. Is there anything else that can be done or do I just live with it. Thanks.

325,000 miles, all original, still quiet and runs like new. When I bought this I wasn't old, fat or retired. Will it ever break?

Can anyone tell me which 20" wheels are on this. I bought them used and have no clue.
20171203_140608_001 (1).jpg

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels look like oem take offs. Beyond that, I do not know. In terms of the steering issue, have you had your steering gear looked at? It sounds like something is binding. Finally, I'm betting the Tahoe was not engineered with a 6 inch lift in mind, nor wheels/tires that large. It is possible you need beefier suspension components to achieve the results you are seeking, though the adjustable upper ball joints you mention will likely help.

Good luck, and I am interested in seeing how things progress.

swampboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I put a Rough Country 6" lift on the Ole' Hoe' and I was wondering if anyone else had trouble with the steering wheel self-centering. It doesn't want to come back to center after a turn on the highway. I believe it needs more camber but the alignment guy said that's all there is. I bought a set of adjustable upper ball joints that should allow for more. Is there anything else that can be done or do I just live with it. Thanks.

325,000 miles, all original, still quiet and runs like new. When I bought this I wasn't old, fat or retired. Will it ever break?

Can anyone tell me which 20" wheels are on this. I bought them used and have no clue.
View attachment 261251
Need help with recommendations
Will this work?
2011 gmc sierra 2011 1500 rwd

7.5 inch lift Rough Country kit
Tire options
37X13.5x26
"37X12.5x26"
"35x12.5x26"
35x13.5x26

RIM SELECTION
4x FSW Snowflake Style - F042 Wheel 26x10 6x139.7 31mm