5100s to replace autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arctictwist

Reaction score
Well, i knew i should have just done it when i did the lift. One pump comes on every time i start and it still sits 1.25 - 1.5 inches lower on that side after its done. I never wanted to deal with the air ride, so i think ill just replace with the 5100s. i have a Mcgaughys 7" lift. It has drop mounts for the shocks. Am i good to go with the stock replacement 5100s? What if i ever want to add a spacer because the back is sitting lower? Sometimes i think it is now, but then i measure and the fenders are pretty close.... except for that one corner.

Also for the resistor, where does that get plugged into? and do i just unplug the pump? Thanks.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All kinds of info on auto ride delete here, just have to look. No need to start another thread on something that’s been beaten to death. There’s a thread that’s about 40 pages long for the NNBS I believe.

OP
OP
arctictwist

arctictwist

Reaction score
ive been reading through, really havent found answers to my specific questions. but ill guess ill keep searching

OP
OP
arctictwist

arctictwist

Reaction score
okay so i found a video on the resistors on youtube. and I am assuming that the stock replacement bilsteins are good since the lift has drop brackets for the shocks, BUT im still unclear on if ill be able to do a spacer at all if the rear is sitting lower after ditching the air shocks

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Youll want springs for a non autoride truck if you dont already have replacement springs.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all that info there is a recommendation for Z71 springs instead of regular non auto ride springs. That’s what I read. I haven’t deleted mine, I’m running lowered and just resized the ride height sensor links so I can’t testify to the fact. I have no idea about spacers but you shouldn’t need them if you put the correct springs in. The auto ride springs are softer and depend on the shocks to help them, so those need to be swapped out.

OP
OP
arctictwist

arctictwist

Reaction score
The mcgaughys lift comes with new springs. I check already checked with them, they supply the same springs for the z71 lifts and z55 lifts. So thats not an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne