5.3L V8 Oversized Oil Filter Option...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change my oil and filter every 2 months or 2000-2500 miles in the winter. The extra idle and warm-up time contaminates the oil with fuel vapors which effects the lubrication process.

OP
OP
SBK RACER

SBK RACER

Reaction score
Because they designed the filter to work with this engine. If it needed to be better they would have designed it differently. It will give adequate filtration while maintaining flow and not overwork the oil pump trying to pump through too much media. Just like more expensive doesn't always mean better, more media doesn't always mean better. Also I've seen the "better filtration" filters just straight up come apart internally.

If everything was build to perfection... We would never need to modify anything!!! :D

Quality oil protects our motors. Regular change intervals assures the quality of the oil additives. Better oil filters protects the oil, between oil changes.

If we can have the best... Why settle for less???

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a AC Delco PF61E. It is about 4.5" tall and is all the filter your motor will ever need. you can get these at most auto stores. I have also used fram and NAPA filters in the past, both seem to work just fine, "they filter the oil". Dont over-think it.

That's what I use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076