5.3 having some EVAP issues among some others.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Riordan

Riordan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don’t overlook the tank sensor. I had a bad one that didn’t read correctly. Seems there was a video on this by “south main auto”.
I'm still replacing it but I just want to make sure that the dangling line isn't anything to be worried about.

OP
OP
Riordan

Riordan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don’t overlook the tank sensor. I had a bad one that didn’t read correctly. Seems there was a video on this by “south main auto”.
One morning when I started it up I had a p1400 code and then I cleared it and it is yet to come back

Dave S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s the vent part of the unit. Did you drop the spare and look at the valve it runs to? The previous owner may have hooked it up wrong if they didn’t buy a harness and had to splice wires? Maybe they didn’t connect it to the tank properly? You should check all that.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still replacing it but I just want to make sure that the dangling line isn't anything to be worried about.

Where does the dangling line connect, and what is it? Hose, wire, ??

Dave S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where does the dangling line connect, and what is it? Hose, wire, ??
Without looking I remember there are 2 small hoses. One larger than the other. One is for overflow when you fill up and that directs back to the tank. The other smaller hose is a vent for your rear differential. The vent body is also tucked up there.

OP
OP
Riordan

Riordan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s the vent part of the unit. Did you drop the spare and look at the valve it runs to? The previous owner may have hooked it up wrong if they didn’t buy a harness and had to splice wires? Maybe they didn’t connect it to the tank properly? You should check all that.
The dangling hose is the hose from the old valve whenever they disconnected the old one to replace it they never removed the old hose and the new vent line is just zip tied next to the factory one.

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following this, been having a p0442 that seemed to bring about a p0455 code

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
The dangling hose is the hose from the old valve whenever they disconnected the old one to replace it they never removed the old hose and the new vent line is just zip tied next to the factory one.
Well you know what quality of work to expect on repairs by that person. If aftermarket parts were used in prior repairs they are not trustworthy.

There are some excellent videos out there detailing the correct way to test and diagnose all the system components with a bidirectional scanner. There’s no doubt about the outcomes.

If a shop has done the correct diagnostic procedure and there really is a leak and they cannot find it, it’s just a sign of incompetence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wooshca01