4x4 engaging question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thrashin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do have 12 volts +/- going to the actuator on the front diff. Thats a plus I guess. I need to work on pulling it out and seeing if it moves in and out as stated before. How much should it move?

-- On a side note i have tools and knowledge but also am still recovering from neck surgery (disc fusion) so I move slow sometimes.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Front actuator?

it sound like then the front shaft is locking to the rest of the drive-train then. unscrew the front actuator, and maybe catch some lube too. with the ignition on and parking brake on put it in 4hi. ensure the front shaft locks and looks at actuator has it extended or is it still retracted and check the voltage for it in both positions.

When you say check the voltage- is it that the polarity should reverse as in a motor going one direction or the other?

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Pulled the acuator and had the kid hit the buttons from 2hi to 4 hi. I hear it clicking in the tcase only. I had the one from the diff hanging in the air while hitting the switches and it doesnt budge. I do have power going to it on the connection (checked with meter). Guess I know what I am buying.

OP
OP
T

thrashin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you mean the actuator did not extend and you had voltage to it then yes replace it.

72 dollars later it seems to be fixed thank you very much for the information and pointing me in thr right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts