4WD question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flowmini98

Reaction score
I was sitting in some traffic today and was looking around at my dash and I noticed something...

The 4WD knob on my truck looks like its missing something, it only has the following settings:

2WD high
Auto
4WD high

Shouldnt I have a 4WD low and a Neutral setting as well?? Or is that only on the Z71 models?

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sir, not with particular unit, it doesn't have 4Low. Messed with me too, I had the same unit on another Sonoma ZR5 I had like the one below. But I never took it offroad far enough to need 4Low really...lol

Attachments

• GMC Sonoma ZR5.jpg
    GMC Sonoma ZR5.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 4

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2 speed transfer case comes standard on the LTZ models and comes on the LS and LT models if you order (have) the heavy duty trailering package otherwise it is the single speed. It is this way for the 2011 & 2012 models. Not sure about earlier models.

boudreaux

Reaction score
The 2 speed transfer case comes standard on the LTZ models and comes on the LS and LT models if you order (have) the heavy duty trailering package otherwise it is the single speed. It is this way for the 2011 & 2012 models. Not sure about earlier models.

My 2010 LT has only "auto" "2wd" and "4wd".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet