4wd button flashes 1997 Chevy Tahoe 2dr 5.7l v8 4x4 z71 rpo G80 GT4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97oldhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m new here and I have just noticed when I go to engage my 4wd I will press the 4hi or the 4lo button and it can be heard and felt engaging but the light on the button flashes and it won’t stop flashes it will stay in the selected position until I press 2hi button. When I press the 2 hi button it doesn’t flashes and it is audibly heard disengaging the 4wd. There are no codes I’m going to check the T-case fluid tomorrow I already drained and refilled the front diff and the rear diff with 80w-90 gear oil I didn’t put additives in the front but I did put some in the rear I have rpo G80 and ratio 3.73 rear plz tell if I messed up with the additive. i really want to know what to expect when I drain the t-case and what type of fluid to put in it when refilling. Thanks the names Bradley

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the dash switch if everything actually works. Pretty hard to determine what symtoms are the way you wrote it. Maybe working correctly even.
Do you need a wiring diagram /service manual or do you have one?

OP
OP
97oldhoe

97oldhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably the dash switch if everything actually works. Pretty hard to determine what symtoms are the way you wrote it. Maybe working correctly even.
Do you need a wiring diagram /service manual or do you have one?
I would love any manual or wiring diagrams you can provide. Really appreciated.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Which transfer case model or RPO code do you have?

OP
OP
97oldhoe

97oldhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which transfer case model or RPO code do you have?

GT4 AXLE,REAR,3.73 RATIO

G80 AXLE,REAR,POSITRACTION,LIMITED SLIP

L31 ENGINE,GAS,8 CYL,5.7L,CPI--MEXICO P96(EXPORT)

M30 TRANSMISSION,AUTOMATIC 4 SPEED,4L60E,ELECTRONIC

NP1 TRANSFER CASE,ELECTRONIC SHIFT,TWO SPEED

NZZ PACKAGE,OFF ROAD SKID PLATE,SPORT

Z71 'OFF ROAD' CHASSIS PACKAGE