4l60e Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryantkglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my 4l60e recently rebuilt by a good reputable shop and they told me they did the rebuild with some slightly stronger parts but I wanna know what I can do to beef it up a little bit. I plan on doing a 6.0 swap down the road with a goal of around 350-400hp. Anybody have some suggestions. I also plan on a Blackbear tune after the engine swap and was wondering how much that'll do for the tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's already assembled and back in the truck, very little. You can do a Vette servo if that wasn't already done and a shift kit, if that wasn't already done as well. You can do turlon balls and a trans go separator plate as well but that is more for piece of mind then performance. Upgrade the trans cooler and lines would be the best bet fr you at this point. Cool tranny = happy tranny.

OP
OP
Bryantkglass

Bryantkglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm lookin for more something that'll hold up to that amount of horsepower more than I'm lookin for performance. I just don't wanna have to spend another 1500 dollars on a tranny when I replace the engine since the transmission rebuild doesn't even have 2,000 miles on it yet

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then get a build sheet of what went into the transmission. More then likely it'll need some attention. If the builder didn't put in 5 pinion planetaries, upgraded sprags, sun shell and a couple other parts I wouldn't trust it myself. I too want to eventually drop a 6.0 into my truck, I build my transmission myself so I know what all is in it, I would trust mine in front of a stock 6.0. I wouldn't trust it in front of what I have planned. \m/

OP
OP
Bryantkglass

Bryantkglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know they upgraded the sun shell and that's about it. I'll have to go get a build sheet from the shop that did it. They'll probably ending up being the ones doing the upgrades as well. I know pretty much everything about that truck except the transmission. I know the basics of how a transmission works but that's about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667