4 wheel auto how it works .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Adding it here: in fairly certain 4 auto significantly increases the lockup when in reverse. It'll skip and hop when making a sharp back in to a parking spot. Though I suppose that's sort I'd the idea, make sure you can back out if a parking spot and not dig in

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I leave my work PPV in Auto during the entire winter and I don’t notice anything out of the ordinary. It works quite well. This particular PPV is generally a parking lot queen but it sure makes a zillion turns every day while in Auto mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, James. It's unfortunate that GM can't make the system quiet.

The TC quiet? Mine is, or should I say, the front differential is much louder as it has a worn shaft bearing or something. Before that it was one hub and then the other. Still haven't noticed the TC though. Mine just rolled over 152K.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put winter tires on so now I have just enough of a houl I can't hear fontend noise that I could hear before
. But I drove a suburban with 3:73 and mine has 4:10 my 4:10 does make more noise . And little strange things with 4:10 like if your on a little ice ridge when parked and you go to start it the whole rig rocks just a slight bit it's like everything tighting up of the torque converter or something right when it starts . Other thing is jerking alittle with the cruze on going down hill .. I talked to guy with 2005 pickup with 4:10 he said his does something .
3:73 suburban does it also but not as noticable . [emoji6][emoji106]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03yukonxldenali

Latest posts