4" drop springs didn't drop 4"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
Hey guys, just installed a Crown Suspension 3/4 torsion kit on my 03 Tahoe lt. It seems the back didn't drop the full 4". I noticed when installing the springs they didn't sit completely down on the lower perches. I installed them with the stock rubber thingys top and bottom too. Would I be wrong in assuming that over time the coil will eventually break in a little and move lower onto the perch?

Worse case I buy the 5" drop springs

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crown Suspension

There's your problem...

The springs should fit over the perch and lay flat. The springs will settle a little now that there's weight on them, but nothing over 1/2". You can take the rubber mats off the top and bottom to get 1/8" lower, but then there could be a metal on metal sound when you go over bumps.

I would have done Belltech springs...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, just installed a Crown Suspension 3/4 torsion kit on my 03 Tahoe lt. It seems the back didn't drop the full 4". I noticed when installing the springs they didn't sit completely down on the lower perches. I installed them with the stock rubber thingys top and bottom too. Would I be wrong in assuming that over time the coil will eventually break in a little and move lower onto the perch?

Worse case I buy the 5" drop springs

how much space in rear from bumpstop to axle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts