3rd row dome light on with lift gate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldve got the High Trim Denali...I walk out to my vehicle in a dark garage and the rear kick logo turns on, the fuel pump primes, and all the interior lights turn on as soon as I step out onto the step just outside the door to the house; at this point I am probably 10 feet from the vehicle...(sorry, not sorry :anitoof: ); I looked through all the settings, didn't seem to find anything to turn this function on or off; so must be trim specific.

Can you mitigate your concern by hitting the door unlock button on your key fob, that should light up all the interior lights too.

Antonm

Reaction score
Shouldve got the High Trim Denali...I walk out to my vehicle in a dark garage and the rear kick logo turns on, the fuel pump primes, and all the interior lights turn on as soon as I step out onto the step just outside the door to the house; at this point I am probably 10 feet from the vehicle...(sorry, not sorry :anitoof: ); I looked through all the settings, didn't seem to find anything to turn this function on or off; so must be trim specific.

Can you mitigate your concern by hitting the door unlock button on your key fob, that should light up all the interior lights too.

Lol, thats funny, you actually think there is a difference between a Tahoe High Country and Yukon Denali. Besides the dash layout (which with the dash vents on the Denali being above the screen, making it so you have to take your eyes further off the road to see the navigation), there isn't any difference in features (or price unfortunately).

Have you actually gone out during the daytime and raised just the liftgate to see if all the interior lights come on?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, thats funny, you actually think there is a difference between a Tahoe High Country and Yukon Denali. Besides the dash layout (which with the dash vents on the Denali being above the screen, making it so you have to take your eyes further off the road to see the navigation), there isn't any difference in features (or price unfortunately).

Have you actually gone out during the daytime and raised just the liftgate to see if all the interior lights come on?
Actually, there are quite a few differences in the HC vs the Denali, here is what I know is on Denali that is not on HC:
Fog Lights
Dash Layout
Leather Seats in 2nd row, vs fake leather in Tahoe
Different Leather on the seats -- forget what GM called it, but its def different (can argue if "higher quality" but at least different)
Real Wood accents on the inside vs plastic wood grain
Different Center Console setup (including real wood flip covers)
Laminated Glass on Front Doors for acoustic reasons
Real Aluminum Accents on Steering Wheel and center console vs Plasticized chrome
INCLUDED 3 years of Onstar and Data with the purchase price
Missing A-Pillar Handle on Passenger Side
14 Speaker Stereo vs 11
3 interior color choices vs 2
Available Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential

May be missing a couple...

I will double check on the liftgate lights, the "walk up interior lights" I mentioned above, I was referenceing what happens at night (not sure I care what lights come on during the day, as it is daytime).

Antonm

Reaction score
Actually, there are quite a few differences in the HC vs the Denali, here is what I know is on Denali that is not on HC:
Fog Lights
Dash Layout
Leather Seats in 2nd row, vs fake leather in Tahoe
Different Leather on the seats -- forget what GM called it, but its def different (can argue if "higher quality" but at least different)
Real Wood accents on the inside vs plastic wood grain
Different Center Console setup (including real wood flip covers)
Laminated Glass on Front Doors for acoustic reasons
Real Aluminum Accents on Steering Wheel and center console vs Plasticized chrome
INCLUDED 3 years of Onstar and Data with the purchase price
Missing A-Pillar Handle on Passenger Side
14 Speaker Stereo vs 11
3 interior color choices vs 2
Available Electronic Limited Slip Rear Differential

May be missing a couple...

I will double check on the liftgate lights, the "walk up interior lights" I mentioned above, I was referenceing what happens at night (not sure I care what lights come on during the day, as it is daytime).

Dash layout (which is worse on the Denali IMHO) is not a feature, it's a difference, same for your wood /aluminum.

The stereo difference is 14 speaker to 10 (not 11) and both vehicles get your ( spelled with all capital letters for some reason ) included 3 year onstar/ data.

I suppose the available electronic limited slip (vice the mechanical limited slip) and fog lights are features. Denali lost me with the dash though (so did cadillac for that matter, the price difference between Tahoe High country , GMC Denali and luxury trim Escalade is not significant, and all are too expensive for what they are).

The Chevy dash has the screen up top were you can look at the navigation directions without taking your eyes off the road, the Denali has its screen down low, seems silly, less convenient and possibly less safe.

Chevy dash
tah.jpg

Denali dash
den.jpg

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dash layout (which is worse on the Denali IMHO) is not a feature, it's a difference, same for your wood /aluminum.

The stereo difference is 14 speaker to 10 (not 11) and both vehicles get your ( spelled with all capital letters for some reason ) included 3 year onstar/ data.

I suppose the available electronic limited slip (vice the mechanical limited slip) and fog lights are features. Denali lost me with the dash though (so did cadillac for that matter, the price difference between Tahoe High country , GMC Denali and luxury trim Escalade is not significant, and all are too expensive for what they are).

The Chevy dash has the screen up top were you can look at the navigation directions without taking your eyes off the road, the Denali has is the screen down low, seems silly, less convenient and possibly less safe.

Chevy dash
View attachment 426395

Denali dash
View attachment 426396
I get my navi info from the HUD, so never take my eyes off the road. HC has HUD too, right?
All good, thats why there are options for us, Chevy lost me w/ the dash layout, I don't prefer the screen sticking up into nowhere look...and much perefer the front end of the GMC vs. Chevy and didin't like the standard HC wheels...and didn't feel like paying extra for different ones...so put that extra on the Denali.
When I bought mine, albeit 2 years ago now, Chevy got 3 months of included onstar and data, vs the 3 yrs on the Denali. This plus the wheels ended up making the Denali a better value for me.

I will confirm the interior lighting this afternoon and report back.

Antonm

Reaction score
Chevy gets three years now (well at least mine did, and I'm not special, see Snapshot of window sticker below). And yes it has the HUD as well. I'm still mixed on the HUD though, not sure if I like it or not.

I would've preferred 20 inch wheels (vice 22 inch) and if I could've found an Z71 or AT4 with the optional for them 6.2, I would've bought one of those, but there none anywhere close to me with second row captain seats and the 6.2. Since we didn't want to wait for an undefined period of time on a ordered one, HC its was.

3 years.jpg

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked this afternoon when leaving work. On approach, all interior lights turned on. Opened lift gate, all lights on but everything but the cargo area light faded out after a few seconds..

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy gets three years now (well at least mine did, and I'm not special, see Snapshot of window sticker below). And yes it has the HUD as well. I'm still mixed on the HUD though, not sure if I like it or not.

I would've preferred 20 inch wheels (vice 22 inch) and if I could've found an Z71 or AT4 with the optional for them 6.2, I would've bought one of those, but there none anywhere close to me with second row captain seats and the 6.2. Since we didn't want to wait for an undefined period of time on a ordered one, HC its was.

View attachment 426400
I think they are not the same. Chevrolet says “3 years remote access plan; OnStar and WiFi capable” (blue arrow below)

Denali says “3 Years OnStar Premium Plan” and itemizes the included services (red arrow below). The Denali gets 3 years free unlimited data, the high end OnStar Package, and Remote Access..this is about $1400 worth of included services at retail from OnStar.

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 4

Antonm

Reaction score
So the lights are same.

As for the Onstar crap, I have three years of that useless slow internet included too. I have no idea what Onstar package( or that Onstar even had different packages).

Onstar lost any future business of mine when we had an 08 Escalade (back when they were new), and combined with their selling of data ( that they say they’re no longer doing) , they’re way not ever getting another dime from me.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would've preferred 20 inch wheels (vice 22 inch) and if I could've found an Z71 or AT4 with the optional for them 6.2, I would've bought one of those, but there none anywhere close to me with second row captain seats and the 6.2. Since we didn't want to wait for an undefined period of time on a ordered o
What are these "vice 22 inch" wheels you refer to?