3rd or "D"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudeface

Reaction score
D............as everyone keeps callin it, is actually overdrive. 3 is drive. as far as the sluggish banter and all that fluff about where to keep it.....its all about speed. D or 3 should make absoloutly no difference at all on the acceleration. anything over 50 mph or so, put it in overdrive. better gas economy, lower RPMs, all that is good for the engine.
no brainer

peace

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
D............as everyone keeps callin it, is actually overdrive. 3 is drive. as far as the sluggish banter and all that fluff about where to keep it.....its all about speed. D or 3 should make absoloutly no difference at all on the acceleration. anything over 50 mph or so, put it in overdrive. better gas economy, lower RPMs, all that is good for the engine.
no brainer

peace

Ditto. What everyone is calling, "D" is overdrive...hence the "D" inside the larger "O".

3 is Drive. That is where I keep it when doing city driving, once I hit 40mph I will put it into 4th/OD

I know my 'Hoe even has a sticker in the door jamb that says to keep it in 3rd/D if driving in hills....something like that.

Blueridgerunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Overdrive, not "D"

Guess my eyes aren't what they used to be. I see now that it is "O" (overdrive) not D :Stupid Me:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse