3Inch Body Lift Asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many report that the steering extension gives play to the wheel and i didnt use it and have no problems, next the filler hose i didnt have to mess with it and its perfectly fine,
If the bull bar is on the bumper then its fine. I know what i was doing when doing my lift. I didnt put a rear bumper lift on my 2dr i just left it down but have heard that they make a bracket for it. Dont know about tire size but my old ram had 33 12.5 15s so something like that is what id use

You cant judge the tire size with 'your old ram' There different setups. They arent the same. Seriously i questioned how stable your vehicle is with all this information you spout out all the time... Im not meaning to ragg on you or anything, but i read some of your posts and just think to myself... "seriously? what are you thinking?"

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should also let you know I did crank the torsion bars up just enough to level the front end. That does help to keep everything from rubbing

285/75/16 are good, but I like the 295/75/16 because its a little taller and wider than the 285.

Here are a few pics of my truck
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359493356.805716.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359493400.064790.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359493450.408680.jpg

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Many report that the steering extension gives play to the wheel and i didnt use it and have no problems, next the filler hose i didnt have to mess with it and its perfectly fine,
If the bull bar is on the bumper then its fine. I know what i was doing when doing my lift. I didnt put a rear bumper lift on my 2dr i just left it down but have heard that they make a bracket for it. Dont know about tire size but my old ram had 33 12.5 15s so something like that is what id use

You cant judge the tire size with 'your old ram' There different setups. They arent the same. Seriously i questioned how stable your vehicle is with all this information you spout out all the time... Im not meaning to ragg on you or anything, but i read some of your posts and just think to myself... "seriously? what are you thinking?"

You didnt read the dont know about tire size part. Mind reading it first... And no i dont know about tire size but anyways i had a tire by itself and had it in the space in the front and it looked like it would work fairly good. Now contribute something useful on this thread please

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

This is how the front bumper brackets go and why a cattle guard wont work for them
IMAG0472_zpsd5bd109c.jpg
IMAG0611_zps61bf57fb.jpg
IMAG0610_zps1a4f9cc5.jpg
And this is the shift linkage where my finger is like right next to steering column
IMAG0608_zps12174b04.jpg
IMAG0607_zpsc9717d02.jpg
And rear bumper mount
IMAG0609_zps2f553b60.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Sorry about the linkage pics thats the best my htc could take

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Tahoes 4dr and 2dr have the same rear bumper mounts and yes i have picture proof for the haters
picture.jpg

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing a body lift without all the extensions, and without raising the bumpers and without at least attempting to hide some of the frame looks like shit. Thats what gives body lifts a bad reputation, people who do it half ass and dont pay attention to details and make it unsafe.

Get gap guards. Or make some. Paint your frame and get some nerf bars. Adjust the height of the nerf bars so they dont hang too low. Or better yet, get some n-fabs. Raise your front and rear bumper, and either re-install your tow hooks with spacers or flipped, and get a valance to hide the front frame horns. Paint your trailer hitch or remove it because it will hang low, and theres not much you can do about it.

The 2 door and 4 door rear bumper mounts are different. The rear body mount on the 2 doors interfere with any bracket made for a 4 door tahoe. Zone Off Road sells rear bumper relocator brackets, but on their site it clearly states that they will only work on 4 door tahoes. You have to cut the brackets and modify them for them to work on a 2 door.

I usually dont post like this, but I dont want the OP to have a bunch of wrong information. I researched all these things before I decided to do a body lift. If you pay attention to the details it can look good. Don't just slap the kit on there and call it good, cause it won't look that way.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I reaserched it aswell very good and found all my information. Go to the junkyard and look at a 2dr and 4dr and tell me the difference or better yet pictures. I ready showed you pictures of 2dr and 4d because i personly took them. Body lifts only get bad rap because people say they arent safe. And yes paint the frame mines partially painted but humidity over here makes it suck for painting.... And you cant align a cattle guard on a body lift due to it wont fit the bracket and if it did its too heavy for the bracket. Make gap guards because the ones they sell are ripoff prices and showinf frames not really a bad thing its just personal preference

OP
OP
Symba_The_Lyon

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You You Guys Again !!! This has been very helpful, EastTXYukon just to be clear before i go spend a grand on tiers in that picture are 295/75/16 xD,Gzes those rear bumper bracket how much did you cut before re welding it? How do you go aboght cranking the torsion bars and where are they located?

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I didnt mess with the rear bumper brackets because i wanted to put a ranch hand on the back but the one i got doesnt fit because the mount is different it was supposed to be for chevy but looks like a dodge so i got screwed and thats why im running no bumper at the moment. I might make a bumper and make it look clean and keep my hitch since i tow. If you have a hitch dont move it like east says because you will loose the structural stregnth because it was designed by professionals for a reason and i wouldnt want a trailer falling off on the highway

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Torsion crank is fairly easy but you have to lift the front so you dont strees the bolt. You have to mark it so you adjust correctly and if i remember correctly its just infront of door handles on the frame. Its a bolt head you adjust. I would use a grease pencil or welding chalk to mark

OP
OP
Symba_The_Lyon

Symba_The_Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gzes It wont let me replay D: But yeah man do you have to lift the body of the farme to crank the bars? Is the one on each side? Is it you lossen it up and adjust it how far u what it? Can you do it when the body lift is not installed? EastTXYukon If you would take a picture of you''re torsion bars so i know have far to rase them that would be Allsome!!!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
No the bars can crank whenever just lift the front with a jack to relieve stress from the bolts

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i left the steering extension out because of the play it gave. zone makes rear bumper brackets. have t cut frame off. id keep the frame horn incase you take bl off like i did so you can have a bumper back on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn