34's with leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mfratt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im putting a 2.5'' leveling kit on my 2007 4x4 tahoe. Nitto terra grappler makes a 285/75/17 tire. Its 33.8'' total height. Im wondering if it will fit. Any ideas?

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
Im putting a 2.5'' leveling kit on my 2007 4x4 tahoe. Nitto terra grappler makes a 285/75/17 tire. Its 33.8'' total height. Im wondering if it will fit. Any ideas?

Not without a ass load of trimming I guarantee you.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 32.6" and i have minor rubbing, so yeah with another inch and some change your going to have to do some trimming! but it will look good if your willing to do that!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to trim about this much off the bottom valence for a Z71 and tie back the wheel wells. You may need to do some tirmming off the rear of the wheel well too depending which model you have.

Attachments

• ZacksTahoe3.jpg
    ZacksTahoe3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 75

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't think it would be worth the hassle to try to fit 34s. I'm assuming that Nitto makes the TG in 285/70-17, as well. That's a pretty common size.

With 34s, you'll definitely want/need steeper gears and upgraded brakes, too. I have 33s and they worsened acceleration and braking drastically from stock. I hate it....but I don't want to spend the cash/time/effort to swap out gears.... I will probably upgrade the brakes when my pads/rotors show a little more wear. But, the look of the 33" Duratracs definitely makes up for the lack of performance!

Last edited:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ben,

Sounds like you are keeping your Tahoe now. Last I read, it sounded like you were trying to sell it. Of course I would say keep it, it looks great.

Andyuofa83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That brings back memories! I had to trim and use black zip ties to hold back the black plastic fender well.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ben,

Sounds like you are keeping your Tahoe now. Last I read, it sounded like you were trying to sell it. Of course I would say keep it, it looks great.
It's still kind of up in the air.... The guy still has it listed on his website for sale and has been doing some advertising with it.

I'm in no hurry to sell it but I've had a paradigm shift towards my finances....and if I sold the Tahoe for the right price I could just pay cash for a pretty nice pickup (more practical than an SUV for me) and eliminate the debt I have remaining on the Tahoe. However, I love my Tahoe and I'm extremely attached to it.... I refuse to go to a dealership and lose out on thousands of dollars through a trade-in so I'm having this guy sell it on consignment and he's charging me very, very little to do so--IF it even sells...I didn't pay anything up front, obviously....

So, who knows.... My asking price is a tad high but it wouldn't be worth it in the end to sell it if I can't get top dollar for it.

We'll see what happens! http://bmfauto.com/details.php?id=128

07Z71hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha Seel is completely wrong! i have 2.5 leveling kit and 285 nitto trail grapplers and did no trimming at all an it barely scrubs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz