30K mile service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjbbiker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone take their Tahoe to a shop vs. the dealership? Dealer wants $1200. I used to get this stuff done at the dealer all the time but they are #1 hard to get into now, #2 always late with the work and #3 not as reliable as before. Anything you would skip on the recommended and what is a must do? Dont 4x4 and dont tow. thanks

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would try a different dealer. I take my Tahoe to a GMC dealer. I generally get in the next day. That is both here in Florida and in Paramus New Jersey. Of coarse I take care of my service advisor Christmas time and occasionally during the year. They are both extremely busy dealerships.

I would not be comfortable taking my vehicle to a shop.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In owner's manual the only service they recommend at 36000 is rotate tires and change passenger air filter. I guess I don't know what 1200 dollars would cover.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a definition of what a “30k mile service” contains?

Your owner’s manual outlines exactly what the recommended services are and when they should be done in the Maintenance section. There are a few more mentioned in the txt on the preceding pages, but below is the chart.

1676333321612.png

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone take their Tahoe to a shop vs. the dealership? Dealer wants $1200. I used to get this stuff done at the dealer all the time but they are #1 hard to get into now, #2 always late with the work and #3 not as reliable as before. Anything you would skip on the recommended and what is a must do? Dont 4x4 and dont tow. thanks
I wouldn't skip anything but I also wouldn't pay $1200 there has to be a in-between somewhere
please define what all is included in this $1200 service
:popcorn:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a definition of what a “30k mile service” contains?

Your owner’s manual outlines exactly what the recommended services are and when they should be done in the Maintenance section. There are a few more mentioned in the txt on the preceding pages, but below is the chart.

View attachment 391936
I follow a severe duty maintenance schedule so some of stuff would be added to the 30k checklist
inside air filter, transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid. and still be well under 1200

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't think that list is for severe duty, if it is I follow much more severe duty lol
Says it right in the header of the first column. Non severe eliminates the recommended Transmission and filter service and changes Transfer Case interval to 90k. Both of these I would never skimp on. And agree, I might add a front and rear diff service at same time (45k) as the Transmisson and Transfer Case.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships will often throw in fuel injector cleaning to these service intervals.

It doesn't matter if you don't use 4x4 or don't tow. If you don't exercise those components they won't be there for you when you need them. How many times have we seen guys on here complain that their crappy GM truck's 4x4 won't engage after they got stuck and it turns out they hadn't moved the selector switch in years if ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts