305/50x20 Tires fit 2007 Yukon XL Denali - Confirmation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

First of all, I wish to thank all of you who responded to my previous inquiries, regarding whether or not a 305/50x20 tire would fit on my 2007 Yukon XL Denail with stock wheels (8.5jx20 ET31), without any modifications. Most of your replies stated that this tire size would 'most likely' fit on this truck. Based upon your responses and opinions, I went out on a limb and ordered a set of 305/50x20 Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires online, sight unseen (definitely not something that I typically do).

I can now confirm that this size tire does in fact fit on this truck without any modifications. The smallest clearance is on the front wheels between the leading and trailing edges of the tire and the lowest portion of the front fender well liner, where full turns of the wheel come within about 1/2" of each other.

One note here is that my truck was converted from the stock air leveling rear suspension to standard coil springs and coil over shocks. However, all of the air leveling hardware (linkages) still remain in place on both the front and rear suspensions, so this tire size should still fit on a truck with the air leveling rear suspension still in place.

I really like the way that they look for a street machine, and for me, with no off-road aspirations, these tires should perform very well and last a long time.

Again, I thank all of you who replied to my inquiries, and helped me to step up to this tire specification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts