30 inch rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgonzalez2323

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a friend that recently had 30’ rims installed and the middle/ center of both tires are getting tore up from rubbing on the metal (not the plastic) of the wheel-well . It looks like the shop that installed maybe tried to hammer in these points but it wasn’t enough. On the passenger side the rear AC lines are right behind the metal that the tire is rubbing on. Now this hammered metal seems to be rubbing on the AC lines ( I know two separate issues) it it just seems to be one thing after another. I read somewhere that a control arm relocation kit is needed to push the rear end back. What’s the best way to resolve this issue? He’s running 325/30-30’s. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• C92F11C5-95AD-4BEC-A450-8961E04A4FFE.jpeg
    C92F11C5-95AD-4BEC-A450-8961E04A4FFE.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 8EE8EE85-7895-4D48-B5DC-AC2C718488B4.jpeg
    8EE8EE85-7895-4D48-B5DC-AC2C718488B4.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 15
  • F6EDDABB-605E-4902-80FD-0A5FCF1CAE69.jpeg
    F6EDDABB-605E-4902-80FD-0A5FCF1CAE69.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 14

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must have perfect pavement to run rims the high with practically no sidewalls.

Everyone has their own reasons and personal taste, but that setup would be a nightmare in the pothole caverns of the northeast! My teeth and back hurt just imagining running those where I live.

As far as keeping these and adding a lift...
If you are scraping with 0" lift, the question would be how much wheel travel do you want to allow or need to have for the driving you do? I would guess 3" probably minimum. 6" might just look silly, but maybe you need more than the 3" to maintain clearance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components and different wheel widths and offsets, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe just stick with 26’s lol damn 30s are big

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157