3 Days of Work & Belltech 2/4 is Done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my Belltech 2/4 from Norcal SS on Saturday and spend Sunday-Tuesday doing the install :weld: I installed new balljoints, inner & outer tie rods, & shocks. Took me 7 hours to get the passenger side front done, 8 hours to do the driver side, and about 1.5 hours to get the rear springs installed and change the u-joints. Had to make a trip to town for each side of the front which added some time, but I could not get the lower balljoints to come loose. I ended up cutting the driver side spindle in half, fought with everything along the way, but the end result is worth the struggle IMO.

The 4" springs sit pretty low compared to the 2" drop spindle, I ended up taking 3.5 turns out of the stock keys and they could use another 1-1.5 turns but I'm waiting for everything to settle. I had to trim the rear plastic inner fenders and need to cut a little bit more because I still get some rubbing on corners. I'm also going to do the free travel mod because I bottom the rear on big bumps and I have only put 30 miles on it since the drop.

I want to get a Spohn panhard bar to stiffen up the rear now, clear headlights & park lights, tint the front windows, get a grill of some sort, roll pan, and color match the lower valance. Then I'll see how everything looks and go from there.

Happy with the kit, it does ride a little rough, but thats probably the shocks I got, but they are a huge upgrade from what I took out.

Here's some before and after pics, I'll get some outside pics after I clean it up

737010_10200310827202992_1376979323_o.jpg

740780_10200310826682979_2103405145_o.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great stance

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
usually with the 2/4 kit the rear sits lower than the front thats why they include the spacers to help out. Slap the rear spacer in and should be ready to roll.

for ruff ride at that level you need to cut the brackets off the frame and your good.

Any other questions just hit me up always around to help

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive comments.

The front is settling down a little bit, but I plan on taking another turn out of the stock keys and see how it sets.

IIRC my fender measurements were 33 1/2" from the ground to the center of the wheel arch in the rear and 34 3/4" on the front. I'd go out and measure now, but my driveway isn't exactly level with the packed down snow on it. My tires are 285/45/22 Nitto 420s mounted on 22x9.5 Liquidmetal Wingmans and I think they are a 25mm offset.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
See how the front sits if worse comes to worse you can get keys and a alignment kit and get the front down a little lower. First things first....... FREE TRAVEL MOD LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts