3/5 drop '01 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CdnDenali

Reaction score
Looking to do a 3/5 drop on my '01 XL with autoride. I have been researching and came up with a list of parts that I'll need.

1. McG spindles
2. 3/4 ton keys (purple) -What year?
3. Belltech rear coils -Which part #?
4. Rear Shock extension kit
5. Free travel mod
6. Literature on swapping rear sensor parts with front.

I believe this is what is needed to accomplish a stock/improved ride quality set-up. Would like to keep stock shocks for autoride.

Any comment or advise is appreciated as I only want to do this one time and move on to the next project.

Also if anybody has parts lying around let me know what you have.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Looking to do a 3/5 drop on my '01 XL with autoride. I have been researching and came up with a list of parts that I'll need.

1. McG spindles
2. 3/4 ton keys (purple) -What year?
3. Belltech rear coils -Which part #?
4. Rear Shock extension kit
5. Free travel mod
6. Literature on swapping rear sensor parts with front.

I believe this is what is needed to accomplish a stock/improved ride quality set-up. Would like to keep stock shocks for autoride.

Any comment or advise is appreciated as I only want to do this one time and move on to the next project.

Also if anybody has parts lying around let me know what you have.

The belltech 34324 comes with all the parts/info needed for the rear except the low profile bumpstops if you do the free travel mod (highly recommended). I have a few sets of 3/4 ton keys laying around if you need a set, $50 shipped. Stock shocks will work with this setup but they will ultimately hold the rear up slightly if you want a true 5" drop out back. The belltech 34324 kit includes:
5305 coils
6651 shock extensions
Autoride sensor links
Instructions for the link swap/coil install

Let me know if you have any other q's, the mcgaughey's spindles are great as are the belltech 2508s.

OP
OP
CdnDenali

CdnDenali

Reaction score
With the kit above, what will be the drop if the insulators are still in, 3/4 or 3/5? And with them off? And with Trailblazer coils?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i have the beltech/djm plug if your intersted in parts.

front djm 3 inch a arms rear djm 5 inch kit hardware and rear djm springs for trailblazer plus the djm shocks rides great.

the djm trailblazer 4 inch springs ride great and lower it more than much of the stuff out there granted the belltech kit has the parts for the autoride but just chuck it pull the fuse and run the kit I sell for the rear and you will be happy with the ride.

just ask matt14 I put in the trailblazer springs for him and few more people ordered the rear springs which ill be sending out later this week. If you look at my djm section you can see more info on this.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the DJM lower control arms in the front. Would replacing the 3/4 ton keys help me in the front?

OP
OP
CdnDenali

CdnDenali

Reaction score
If you still have stock keys up front, and went to purple keys, I'm sure you can go an extra 2-3 inches as long as there is room for alignment adjustment.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really want to go any lower I am wanting a better ride

OP
OP
CdnDenali

CdnDenali

Reaction score
I have not gotten there yet but I'll share my findings/issues with everybody.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
better ride what shocks are you running with the djm front shocks?

rear djm trailblazer 4 inch spring with the rear djm kit along with rear djm shocks rides a lot better than the other 5 inch drop springs out there and will sit lower.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CdnDenali

CdnDenali

Reaction score
Hi DJM DIRECT, just wondering if you have the answers to these questions.

With the kit above, what will be the drop if the insulators are still in, 3/4 or 3/5? And with them off? And with Trailblazer coils?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019