2nd electrical issue in 8 months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neloms

Reaction score
You buy new vehicles (2016 Tahoe LT) so you don't have to worry about this, right? 4 months ago it was a problem with the seat heaters, now the HMI unit is bad. Dealership confirmed but they don't have an ETA for getting a new one. So I have to drive my busted Hoe on vacation next week [emoji35]
3b8a616400bbf52c710b90388b5c93ee.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to see this. I installed an OEM head unit on my Tahoe. The HMI went bad too, but the company sent me another and it fired right up. I thought it was because it was installed non-factory, but from what I see it is a factory issue as well. It sucks and I feel your pain.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
go rent one, and switch the units out. Just kidding, maybe ;). Hey a guy I work with every time he goes out of town he rents a car. to me it's a waste of money but he sees it as security car messes up, they bring you a new one. just my 2 cents

OP
OP
neloms

neloms

Reaction score
Update: new part came in today. They'll swap out next week. Hopefully no more problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. The screen just cuts out and none of the buttons work. It's done that about three times already but comes back on after a couple of minutes. I've been trying to record it on my phone for evidence but was too slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401