22 Yukon Duramax/Flickering Headlights & Other Issues after Dead Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jura6ix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

After a week of not being driven, the battery on my 2022 Yukon Duramax died. I had to call GMC Roadside assistance and it took about 10 minutes before it finally started up.

Since then there's a few alerts/issues:

1. Engine light
2. Service Door Latch System notification
3. Service Wipe Washer System notification
4. When approaching the locked truck with the key fob in hand, the door unlocks but chimes as if the alarm is about to go off until I press unlock from the key

The biggest issue is the headlights are flickering - both while idling in park and on the road. Link to a video can be found here:

Any thoughts or insight is appreciated.

Thank you,

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had the battery load tested? I wonder if there is a weak/shorted cell

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

After a week of not being driven, the battery on my 2022 Yukon Duramax died. I had to call GMC Roadside assistance and it took about 10 minutes before it finally started up.

Since then there's a few alerts/issues:

1. Engine light
2. Service Door Latch System notification
3. Service Wipe Washer System notification
4. When approaching the locked truck with the key fob in hand, the door unlocks but chimes as if the alarm is about to go off until I press unlock from the key

The biggest issue is the headlights are flickering - both while idling in park and on the road. Link to a video can be found here:

Any thoughts or insight is appreciated.

Thank you,
disconnect the battery ground, leave it off a couple of minutes, while it is disconnected go press the brake pedal a couple times and flip a few control buttons back and forth and then go re-attach the battery ground and see if that clears up any errors.
doing this
1. kills any residual power
2. resets a fresh electrical handshake in the various modules

the battery going dead and then jump starting is like a heart attack for the modules and this new vehicle software is finicky as all get out.

the battery should not go dead in a week so bottom line is the reason that happened needs to be resolved.

OP
OP
J

Jura6ix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
disconnect the battery ground, leave it off a couple of minutes, while it is disconnected go press the brake pedal a couple times and flip a few control buttons back and forth and then go re-attach the battery ground and see if that clears up any errors.
doing this
1. kills any residual power
2. resets a fresh electrical handshake in the various modules

the battery going dead and then jump starting is like a heart attack for the modules and this new vehicle software is finicky as all get out.

the battery should not go dead in a week so bottom line is the reason that happened needs to be resolved.
Thank you! This worked to clear up the headlight issue.

The rest I can wait for the dealer to fix, along with checking out the battery.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
normally if there is a problem with the alternator you would get a "service charging system" message
Yeah let's put a multi meter on the battery and make sure we are producing the juice while running . low voltage causes all these types of issues. Should rule it out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah let's put a multi meter on the battery and make sure we are producing the juice while running . low voltage causes all these types of issues. Should rule it out.
always good to rule in or out but with no message and going dead in a week I would lean more towards bad battery OR something is draining the voltage, i.e. the vehicle is not going to sleep mode or there is some other cause these new systems are very complicated electronically and not quite ready for prime time either but they work most of time.
A simple "reboot" of the system can correct a lot of things for the time being

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Seems like there are quite a few people reporting this issue. If you’re unaware, this thread may be a clue.