22 Duramax/Windshield Washer Fluid Pumps don't work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martinajm

Reaction score
I have a 9 month old '22 Duramax SLT Yukon XL with about 22k miles. By far my favorite Yukon of the 4 that I have had. It has been extremely dry around here so I don't know how long this has been an issue, but neither front nor rear washer fluid pups are putting out any fluid. Reservoir is full. I have not tried to identify if the pumps are firing or not, indicating a blockage perhaps? Since it is both front and rear, that seems less likely though?

Has anyone experience this and have any insight? I certainly can take it in for warranty, but would like to avoid the hassle if avoidable.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to hear the pump running. That's a start. Run it and look for a leak. Maybe something came loose or maybe it's plugged. Or not running. A fuse? A huge air bubble? Did it run out before?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a service bulletin for rear washer lines coming apart...

Step 1, I would say, is turn on the vehicle in accessory mode, and have someone actuate the washer while you listen under the hood. If they aren't running, suggest checking the Washer Fuse.
If they are, then ensure the resivoir is full, and see if there is blockage, or look for the disconnected line (I will try and find the thread on that and link it here).

Else, dealer it goes?

Edit: Here is the link to that issue I referenced

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2021 Escalade there is only one pump. When it spins one direction it goes to the front, and when it spin the other direction it goes to the rear. I have had to have mine replaced already because the pump motor quit working. My guess is that is your problem as well. The pump is only about $30 if you want to do it yourself, but they are out of stock at a lot of places, so you might have to hunt a bit to find one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

martinajm

Reaction score
Reservoir is full, so I don't think that it is a leak - it was full on Friday and remains so today. Also not signs of dripping / leakage on the ground around the vehicle. I cant hear anything resembling a pup when activated. However, it is a big engine compartment and that pump could be buried pretty deep in there. Any idea where int eh engine compartment it may be. Not sure if it matters, but this is a 4wd Duramax.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reservoir is full, so I don't think that it is a leak - it was full on Friday and remains so today. Also not signs of dripping / leakage on the ground around the vehicle. I cant hear anything resembling a pup when activated. However, it is a big engine compartment and that pump could be buried pretty deep in there. Any idea where int eh engine compartment it may be. Not sure if it matters, but this is a 4wd Duramax.
Expect that it is mounted on the washer reservoir; but I guess I haven't really looked.

Here is a parts link that shows the washer fluid reservoir, and the pump is mounted to it:

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washer reservoir is on the drivers side just inside the front fender. If you shine a light down in there you’ll see the wiring connector plugged into the top side of the pump. Give that a push and see if it wasn’t fully seated at the factory.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 9 month old '22 Duramax SLT Yukon XL with about 22k miles. By far my favorite Yukon of the 4 that I have had. It has been extremely dry around here so I don't know how long this has been an issue, but neither front nor rear washer fluid pups are putting out any fluid. Reservoir is full. I have not tried to identify if the pumps are firing or not, indicating a blockage perhaps? Since it is both front and rear, that seems less likely though?

Has anyone experience this and have any insight? I certainly can take it in for warranty, but would like to avoid the hassle if avoidable.
I just started to have the same issue. 9 months, 10k miles and washer fluid will not spray. Reservoir is full.... Have you identified the issue? I'm also trying to avoid the dealership if I can.

Should move this one into the 'General' section if possible.

OP
OP
M

martinajm

Reaction score
I just started to have the same issue. 9 months, 10k miles and washer fluid will not spray. Reservoir is full.... Have you identified the issue? I'm also trying to avoid the dealership if I can.

Should move this one into the 'General' section if possible.
I haven’t done anything on this, other than to verify that there were no loose connections on the working harness at the pump.

I originally posted in the general section - not sure why it was moved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal