'22 Denali shipped without Steering wheel lock and 4-way lumbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewally

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every Denali that was delivered to my dealer and another dealer was credited $50 for no steering wheel lock and $50 for no four-way lumber.

How many others has this happened too? My dealer didn't address this with me. The other dealer is telling people they will have the chips in a few months and call their customers back to make the upgrades. I am asking everyone here that this has happened to, what were you told, if anything?

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is still at 1100 status, but I was told by my dealer when I ordered it that it would not have a steering wheel lock, and only 2 way lumbar. When I built mine out on GMC's website, these notes showed up:
  • Beginning with production starting on November 1, 2021, vehicles will not be equipped with 4-way driver and front passenger power lumbar, and will be equipped with 2-way driver and front passenger power lumbar.
  • Beginning with start of regular production, October 2021, vehicles not be equipped with Steering Column Lock.
I am assuming since there is no end date, they won't be available. The heated steering wheel, and there was one other option I was told would not come operable with the vehicle, but would be retrofitted sometime in Q4 with a chip to make them operable.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with my dealer and he said that from the list of things being credited on the current Build-a-Yukon webpage, the only item that would be retrofitted from that list is the park assist, so no lumbar, no steering wheel lock, no console, etc.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who just purchased, I can confirm that Park Assist is a retro fit but will not have steering lock, console or lumbar.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of my ’22 Denali a week ago, it surprisingly has the sliding console but no parking sensors, steering lock and has 2 way lumbar. Unfortunately it has the auto start/stop that I was hoping would still be omitted.

OP
OP
Dewally

Dewally

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting to read the replies. Many thanks. Would adding the additional two way lumbar to complete the four-way lumbar be feasible at a later date? Or is it too involved?

Probably too early for someone to have already dug into this.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting to read the replies. Many thanks. Would adding the additional two way lumbar to complete the four-way lumbar be feasible at a later date? Or is it too involved?

Probably too early for someone to have already dug into this.
My guess is that it would require replacing the seats as the more time expedient method.