21+ Tahoe LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tenscourts

Reaction score
I'm happy to report that my plug and play harnesses seem to be functioning as expected. No warnings or errors and all the bulbs have been replaced with LEDs. Hopefully tomorrow I can provide you all with some ordering info if you are interested.

car_l0st

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm happy to report that my plug and play harnesses seem to be functioning as expected. No warnings or errors and all the bulbs have been replaced with LEDs. Hopefully tomorrow I can provide you all with some ordering info if you are interested.
Good news!

Please keep us posted. What bulbs did you end up going with?

Tenscourts

Reaction score
Good news!

Please keep us posted. What bulbs did you end up going with?
I used diode dynamics bulbs. A little pricey but I have them in my 16 Silverado tail lights as well.
ItemsQtyPrice
7440/7443 HP11 Tail Light LED Bulbs

141 in stock.
SKU: DD0108P
Bulb Size: 7443
Color: Red
Package: Pair
1$60.00
921 XPR Cool White Backup LED Bulbs

709 in stock.
SKU: DD0394P
Bulb Size: 921
Color: Cool White (6000K)
1$100.00
7440/7443 HP11 Turn Signal LED Bulbs

66 in stock.
SKU: DD0107P
Bulb Size: 7443
Color: Amber
1$60.00

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this harness just inter-connects under the rear quarter panel and provides the resistors for all three bulbs?

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which harnesses did you use?

Tenscourts

Reaction score
Which harnesses did you use?
These are new harnesses that will be available soon at Gen5diy.com. I've provided them with an install video and they will have them listed for sale soon. I'm not aware anyone else offers these. I've seen people tap resistors in behind the tail lamps but I've measured temperatures on these resistors at 230 degrees fahrenheit plus so I really don't see how that's a safe way to do this and there isn't a lot of room behind the fixtures anyway. I also hate tapping wires and this solution is plug and play.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are new harnesses that will be available soon at Gen5diy.com. I've provided them with an install video and they will have them listed for sale soon. I'm not aware anyone else offers these. I've seen people tap resistors in behind the tail lamps but I've measured temperatures on these resistors at 230 degrees fahrenheit plus so I really don't see how that's a safe way to do this and there isn't a lot of room behind the fixtures anyway. I also hate tapping wires and this solution is plug and play.
Yes, correct. No one else offers anything like this. Every other LED manufacturer that offers you the resistors tells you to plug them in in line with your bulbs or put a harness behind the lamp.

Truly grateful you've taken the time to develop test something like this that will be plug and play underneath the vehicle for the heat won't damage the headlamp.

Especially if we're able to run all three bulbs on the same harness without any dash errors.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus that's hot.

My unknown brand aftermarket LED license plate light housings have optional tiny plug-in resistors. I just removed the resistors as there's no warning or error otherwise. However they've been there for about a year and a half with no issues.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus that's hot.

My unknown brand aftermarket LED license plate light housings have optional tiny plug-in resistors. I just removed the resistors as there's no warning or error otherwise. However they've been there for about a year and a half with no issues.

Is that in a T1XX (2021+) ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts