21+ Tahoe LED Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tenscourts

Reaction score
Ive

I've done the requested testing and reported my results. I'm hoping they can come up with something functional soon.
I finally got the harnesses in and the connectors for 23 Tahoe's are different than 21-22 so the harness has the wrong connectors. Mine is a 22. Apparently they changed it for 23. I should have replacements by Friday. These harnesses go under the rear bumper so there is no chance of melting the plastic tail lamp housing from the resistors getting hot.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the harnesses in and the connectors for 23 Tahoe's are different than 21-22 so the harness has the wrong connectors. Mine is a 22. Apparently they changed it for 23. I should have replacements by Friday. These harnesses go under the rear bumper so there is no chance of melting the plastic tail lamp housing from the resistors getting hot.

Are these harnesses the house the resistors? Does it include the bulb?

Tenscourts

Reaction score
Are these harnesses the house the resistors? Does it include the bulb?
The tail light harnesses dump out under the rear bumper where they connect to another harness. Not sure if it's the chassis harness or the body harness but either way it's a factory connector. I'm working with a reputable company that is making plug and play jumper harnesses for each side. These jumpers have the resistors built in so in theory you can use any LED bulbs. I've seen some people tap resistors in behind the tail lights but resistors get hot and could melt the tail light housing. And I do believe lasfit has a bulb with a builtin resistor for one of the locations but I'm pretty sure they tell you if it runs long enough it will overheat and hyperflash. This harness to me would be a more robust solution and resolve the issue for all the bulbs whereas the Lasfit bulb only works for one of the three bulbs. Hopefully I can report success this weekend and let everyone know where they can buy these harnesses. On that note do any of you have a 23 model. It appears gm switch from 6 pin to 8 pin on the 23 models. It would be great if someone could look under there rear bumper of a 23 disconnect the tail light harness and take a picture to verify the number of pins and maybe the wire colors.

Tenscourts

Reaction score
The harnesses showed up today. I did install them and test and I think I have one more resistor than needed which may be causing some issues. I'm hoping to verify this tomorrow and resolve that issue if my suspicions are confirmed. I'll report back tomorrow Evening hopefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645