20x9 0mm offset?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given stock 20" size tires (275/60r20), can I get away with a 20x9 wheel with 0 offset? it looks like it will move the entire wheel out about 30mm. I am guessing that it will stick out of the fenders too much for my liking

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components and different wheel widths and offsets, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given stock 20" size tires (275/60r20), can I get away with a 20x9 wheel with 0 offset? it looks like it will move the entire wheel out about 30mm. I am guessing that it will stick out of the fenders too much for my liking
It will definitely stick out quite a bit

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly is your question then…Can you get away with it? Well sure. But it will stick 30mm more than stock…if that is acceptable to you or not is completely up to you.

OP
OP
T

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly is your question then…Can you get away with it? Well sure. But it will stick 30mm more than stock…if that is acceptable to you or not is completely up to you.
What I'm not sure of at this point (My Yukon is en route to the dealer currently) is how far the 30mm will actually push out of the fenders - I'm sure the stock wheels are inset some from the fender. Was hoping someone might have alreay done a wheel with a similar offset

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
Zero offset was not the best decision for my 275/65 R20 Geolander 003. They rubs heavily at 27° of Turn. 3.5"lift and I had to cut a little fender liner. If I want to get rid of all the rub with 34" tires, I either have to do some serious cutting on the metal bracket at the rear of the fender well, or go down in tire size to a 33" tire. I Belive with the tire size you stated, will not rub. Could be wrong. I just live with it till I'm ready for more tire, which is not far away. Here are some pictures when I first put them on 20220126_172656.jpg
20220130_095441.jpg

OP
OP
T

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zero offset was not the best decision for my 275/65 R20 Geolander 003. They rubs heavily at 27° of Turn. 3.5"lift and I had to cut a little fender liner. If I want to get rid of all the rub with 34" tires, I either have to do some serious cutting on the metal bracket at the rear of the fender well, or go down in tire size to a 33" tire. I Belive with the tire size you stated, will not rub. Could be wrong. I just live with it till I'm ready for more tire, which is not far away. Here are some pictures when I first put them on View attachment 390695
View attachment 390696
Your pics and wheels help quite a bit. Your wheel being an 8.5 looks nearly flush, a 9" would be another 10mm at least. - Definitely not wanting them to be out beyond the fenders.

firstGT

Reaction score
Zero offset was not the best decision for my 275/65 R20 Geolander 003. They rubs heavily at 27° of Turn. 3.5"lift and I had to cut a little fender liner. If I want to get rid of all the rub with 34" tires, I either have to do some serious cutting on the metal bracket at the rear of the fender well, or go down in tire size to a 33" tire. I Belive with the tire size you stated, will not rub. Could be wrong. I just live with it till I'm ready for more tire, which is not far away. Here are some pictures when I first put them on View attachment 390695
View attachment 390696
Looks bad ass though! Haha

Juanillo2023HC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't know if this helps but this is a +20 offset, 295 50 22 nittos, I think its a 9.5 width

Attachments

• IMG_4740.jpeg
    IMG_4740.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4739.jpeg
    IMG_4739.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4738.jpeg
    IMG_4738.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 33

Forum statistics

Threads