2024 Yukon USB Ports

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valentine0319

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question on the USB ports in my Yukon.. These two ports do not allow a IPOD or other usb device with Music to be recognized. When I plug a device in and go to Audio, touch USB, it says not device found. The port does charge but is not recognized for devices with music on them.
This makes no sense. this should just be another input source you could slect from for audio inputs.

I went to the dealer to have them look and all they said is "well you have to connect via bluetooth". This has to be wroestionsng.

I use apple carplay which uses bluetooth, so this means I can only use one bluetooth device...when I use the USB via bluetooth, then it disables Carplay.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

malba2366

Reaction score
Question on the USB ports in my Yukon.. These two ports do not allow a IPOD or other usb device with Music to be recognized. When I plug a device in and go to Audio, touch USB, it says not device found. The port does charge but is not recognized for devices with music on them.
This makes no sense. this should just be another input source you could slect from for audio inputs.

I went to the dealer to have them look and all they said is "well you have to connect via bluetooth". This has to be wroestionsng.

I use apple carplay which uses bluetooth, so this means I can only use one bluetooth device...when I use the USB via bluetooth, then it disables Carplay.

It is probably set up to read files off a USB flash drive and not to interface with an iPod or other device. I would probably format it to the older FAT32 format because most car entertainment systems are very rudimentary in terms of their capabilities.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The USB-A port will read files off a 32gb or less flash drive. Must be formatted FAT32 - drives larger than 32gb are formatted exFAT and won’t work.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is it possible that the Apple cords you are using are aftermarket that charging only and are not for data transfer? I know that for cheaper aftermarket USB-micro and USB-C cables, this was a problem, where not all of the pins are utilized to save a few pennies. Use a cord that you can connect to your computer with and access files/upload music and try that cord in your vehicle, to confirm that it functions for data transfer elsewhere.

Alessandrolomb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A simple fix could be to get a Bluetooth adapter that connects to your iPod or USB stick. This way, you can play music wirelessly in your car without messing up CarPlay.

OP
OP
V

valentine0319

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it possible that the Apple cords you are using are aftermarket that charging only and are not for data transfer? I know that for cheaper aftermarket USB-micro and USB-C cables, this was a problem, where not all of the pins are utilized to save a few pennies. Use a cord that you can connect to your computer with and access files/upload music and try that cord in your vehicle, to confirm that it functions for data transfer elsewhere.
Appreciate the response.. I did try different cables one that work when I connect to the laptop.. Even the manual says you can play music from the USB ports..

OP
OP
V

valentine0319

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A simple fix could be to get a Bluetooth adapter that connects to your iPod or USB stick. This way, you can play music wirelessly in your car without messing up CarPlay.
My iPod has bluetooth and when I connected that way.,, then apple carplay quick working.. just weird.. for now I just put all the music on my iPhone.. so playing from there. Appreciate the response.

Realife3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take a look at this, might help.

Attachments

• SERVICE BULLETIN FOR USB PORTS.pdf
    180.5 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo