2023 Yukon XL SLT Rear Camera Nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonKen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My new 2023 Yukon XL SLT has been to the dealer 4 times to get rear camera repaired. It has been escalated to TAC on the 3rd attempt and now I have escalated to GM Customer Care. I have lost use of the vehicle for over 3 weeks this past Summer. Anyone else having this issue? Everything else on the vehicle appears to be working fine. Camera was replaced twice and the video module was also supposed to be replaced. Last visit they wanted to check the coaxial cable back to the radio. Next step is to replace the cable which will involve removal of headliner and I am afraid the vehicle is never going to be the same after all of the trim is going to have to be taken loose. Anyone else experiencing issues?

This is what the display shows when the camera is out:IMG_3128.jpeg

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let’s see if someone can move you to the appropriate section for your model year so perhaps you can get more traction.

@Fless - mind moving this?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If they have already replaced the Image Processing Module and the Camera, it’s got to be a wiring issue. Or could be software, but the GM engineers are going to have to figure it out.

Don’t sweat the headliner remove and install, if the dealer is competent, it will be fine, or they will order new parts for anything they break. It’s warranty, so just let them do their thing and fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019