2023 Yukon XL or Standard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working with my dealer to order a 2023 / or may have to wait for the 2024. I'm torn between getting the XL or Standard. We are a family of 4 that also totes my two nephews around a few times a month. We also do a lot of road trips in our 2011 f250 diesel. I'm keeping my truck, the Yukon will become my daily driver and road trip vehicle. Should I do the XL or Standard.

Just wait for the 2024. It's already pretty late in the 2023 model year.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On road trips, I think the standard length is fine for four with luggage. Six with luggage can be a tight fit even for the XL and at seven you really need an external carrier. Even driving around daily by myself, I've never once thought I'd rather have the standard Yukon, but I have plenty of garage space so that wasn't part of the equation for me.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both. A 23 Tahoe and 23 suburban. I love the space of the suburban but if it was just me I prefer driving the Tahoe. I can fit both in my garage too

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Yukon XL and it's awesome comfortable. Because there is space for 7 people in the cabin and it's a huge trunk. But on vacation I still wear a box on the roof. In the Photo, by the way, Thule has the largest Box 650 liters)) Of the minuses, this is what you need to be careful on narrow streets.

Attachments

• 2023-06-14 20-41-49 (1).JPG
    2023-06-14 20-41-49 (1).JPG
    269 KB · Views: 13

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on OP’s use case, XL/Suburban is the way to go. There is only a very small price premium for the added length. The cargo space difference is massive. The ride is appreciably better with the longer wheel base. And, though hard to believe, the doors are larger and entry easier in the XL version because of no cutout for the rear axle. Plus, 3rd row gets an extra inch of leg room. GM always designed the suburban/Yukon XL to hold a 4x8’ sheet of plywood; been a design requirement since day one.

Downsides are that it’s a touch more difficult to park; but unless you are in a hard core urban area, this is manageable. You will also need plenty of garage space.

Check my sig; I made the switch in 1999…never went back. Don’t forget those kids and nephews will continue to grow in your time of ownership.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... torn between getting the XL or Standard.
We are a family of 4 that also totes my two nephews around a few times a month.
We also do a lot of road trips in our 2011 f250 diesel.
I'm keeping my truck, the Yukon will become my daily driver and road trip vehicle.
Should I do the XL or Standard?
Note my profile hints at where I'm from.
I used a Yukon XL as a NYC livery driver for five years.
In NYC, parallel parking a 19 foot long vehicle ain't easy.
In NYC, EVERY garage charges a $20-or-more surcharge on top of their standard rates for vehicles this big.

It was often enough that I had 3 riders and their luggage / equipment, that a Tahoe would have been a liability.

You said 4, possibly plus 2 nephews.
Since your profile doesn't say, I'll guess that where you're from, it's easier to find parking than in NYC?

If I had a family with 2 kids - nevermind 4 possibly plus two more - a Tahoe would NEVER cut it.

XL, without question.

Brix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm working with my dealer to order a 2023 / or may have to wait for the 2024. I'm torn between getting the XL or Standard. We are a family of 4 that also totes my two nephews around a few times a month. We also do a lot of road trips in our 2011 f250 diesel. I'm keeping my truck, the Yukon will become my daily driver and road trip vehicle. Should I do the XL or Standard.
I would go with the XL and also with the 2023 if you can. GM Authority has announced that GM vehicles will have a price increase of 18% for 2024. I have a 2023 Yukon Denali and absolutely love it.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've owned multiple xl's and non xl's, have one of each right now as well.

I prefer the look of the non xl a lot. The xl seems very suburban soccer mom ish.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the XL and also with the 2023 if you can. GM Authority has announced that GM vehicles will have a price increase of 18% for 2024. I have a 2023 Yukon Denali and absolutely love it.

Which article/link?

I'm curious when do people think GM is going to price itself out of its market? Stellantis has made this mistake. I thinking we're getting closer to the point where supply is going to match (and exceed) demand.

23_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love my XL Duramax. The extra space is worth the extra length. With the diesel it doesn't matter the size

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts