2023 Tahoe/Squealing at low speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to a different dealer if its getting worse. There is something going on there.

GTPace500

Reaction score
There is it.

I guess I'll just drive in L9 from now on until I can find a replacement vehicle.
Man...I'm miserable. I love this truck. My kids love this truck. My wife loves this trick. But this this squealing is horrible.

Iits in the mid 70's here and I can't drove with the windows down.

It squeals when stopping at 14 miles per hours (this one can be cancelled by driving in L9 to deactivate the DFM).

It squeals during every gear shift (regardless of L9).

It squeals when accelerating from the mid 30's to mid 40's (regardless of L9)

It squeals when cruising on the highway in the low 70's (regardless of L9).

I wish I had never heard it. It's horrible and and getting worse.

The squealing while shifting, accelerating, and cruising are not part of the "squeal bulletin".

And the dealerships don't care to attempt to fix it or identify it.

I'm at a loss for words here. This sucks. I can't believe anyone would think it's normal.

I waiting 9 months for this truck. SMH.
I've had the truck for about a month (6.2 yukon denali) and I've noticed this since the first week of ownership. However, I was prepared for this because of this forum. I've chalked it up to 'it is what it is.' My Corsa exhaust drowns out most of the noise when needed, but it is frustrating to hear my almost 90k vehicle do the same. I'm sure something will come of it in the future, so I'm just waiting patiently.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the truck for about a month (6.2 yukon denali) and I've noticed this since the first week of ownership. However, I was prepared for this because of this forum. I've chalked it up to 'it is what it is.' My Corsa exhaust drowns out most of the noise when needed, but it is frustrating to hear my almost 90k vehicle do the same. I'm sure something will come of it in the future, so I'm just waiting patiently.

Yeah.

In hind sight, I should have gotten the diesel. None of the squeaking, chirping, rattle, bumping, or whatever GM says is normal for the 6.2.

Lucky ones are the ones getting the 2024 diesel with the refreshed engine.

GTPace500

Reaction score
Yeah.

In hind sight, I should have gotten the diesel. None of the squeaking, chirping, rattle, bumping, or whatever GM says is normal for the 6.2.

Lucky ones are the ones getting the 2024 diesel with the refreshed engine.
Diesel is expensive where I live, and will never come down significantly to make it a viable option. Plus, if I was getting this truck, I wanted the biggest, most powerful engine for highway cruising and for my own happiness.

JacquesMehoff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2022 z71 6.2. Been making this squeak sound since I got it. Went down this rabbit hole with my dealer too. It’s normal operation and related to AFM.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 z71 6.2. Been making this squeak sound since I got it. Went down this rabbit hole with my dealer too. It’s normal operation and related to AFM.

The real issue is that GM clearly states that the squeal is different for every single vehicle and you can't compare one to the other.

My neighbor's suburban has zero squeals. None absolutely none. I drove another Tahoe that only had the squeal when you stop. My company has a fleet of escalades, five to be exact, and only one has the squeals and the other four do not.

Mine, lucky me, has the stopping squeal the auto stop squeal it squeals when it shifts it squeals when it's cruising at 40 and you tap on the gas and the cylinders activate. I got ridiculously lucky with every single squeal.

Now the real question is if you're building a vehicle and you're specifications are exactly the same how does every vehicle come out different.

They should easily be able to find one without the squeals and figure out what was different in it and make those changes to every single engine.

morig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the nicer weather lately I’ve been driving our ‘23 Denali (2500 miles) with the windows open and noticed the squeal at low speed turning. Not sure if that’s just a coincidence as I let off the gas slightly. Either way I share your frustration. Seems unacceptable on a brand new $90k vehicle.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the nicer weather lately I’ve been driving our ‘23 Denali (2500 miles) with the windows open and noticed the squeal at low speed turning. Not sure if that’s just a coincidence as I let off the gas slightly. Either way I share your frustration. Seems unacceptable on a brand new $90k vehicle.
Probably because you slowed down to 14mph when you're turning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick