2023 Tahoe/Squealing at low speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel for you and others with that squeal noise but I’m extremely pleased with my ‘23 6.2 Burb and don’t want to become depressed after going on a Witch Hunt to then actually discover a problem that I was previously happy NOT KNOWING that I had.

I sincerely hope you can relate :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel for you and others with that squeal noise but I’m extremely pleased with my ‘23 6.2 Burb and don’t want to become depressed after going on a Witch Hunt to then actually discover a problem that I was previously happy NOT knowing that I had.
Complete understood.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed @Deuce16GMCs that you have a 23 Tahoe. I bought Tahoe 6.2 HC with air ride adaptive suspension in Jan and did not care for it as compared to the identically-equipped Suburban that I got the previous month.

The Tahoe had an irritating drone/whine coming from the transmission or rear area between 40-55 mph, like a bearing or rubbing noise. Also was not as smooth-comfortable (as Burb) on my local rough pavement and washboard gravel roads near my house.

I *think* the whine would've distracted me from hearing any cylinder de-activation squeal, but anyway.. I kept the Tahoe for 800 miles and traded for another 23 Burb HC with duramax which is the only powertrain to have IMHO :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a follow-up. My job uses Escalades to transport guests.

Today I drove 5 Escalades. 4 had zero squeals. 1 squealed so low 1 time that I had hang for the vehicle to hear it.

This is maddening to see such inconsistency and lack of quality control from GM.

CaddyDaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a follow-up. My job uses Escalades to transport guests.

Today I drove 5 Escalades. 4 had zero squeals. 1 squealed so low 1 time that I had hang for the vehicle to hear it.

This is maddening to see such inconsistency and lack of quality control from GM.
I have squealing noise on my 2023 Escalade. Really annoying.

If you open the hood and have someone hold the accelerator at about 2000 rpm’s constant you can hear the squeal.

OP
OP
Deuce16GMCs

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man...I'm miserable. I love this truck. My kids love this truck. My wife loves this trick. But this this squealing is horrible.

Iits in the mid 70's here and I can't drove with the windows down.

It squeals when stopping at 14 miles per hours (this one can be cancelled by driving in L9 to deactivate the DFM).

It squeals during every gear shift (regardless of L9).

It squeals when accelerating from the mid 30's to mid 40's (regardless of L9)

It squeals when cruising on the highway in the low 70's (regardless of L9).

I wish I had never heard it. It's horrible and and getting worse.

The squealing while shifting, accelerating, and cruising are not part of the "squeal bulletin".

And the dealerships don't care to attempt to fix it or identify it.

I'm at a loss for words here. This sucks. I can't believe anyone would think it's normal.

I waiting 9 months for this truck. SMH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt