2023 Tahoe Rear LED bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mestes1999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone tried LED rear turn signal bulbs? Any in particular that don't autoflash? Also any recommendations for LED brake and reverse lights?

Blows me away that it's 2023, full LED front lights, but still have incandescent bulbs in the rear.

hkon412

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a pre-owned 2022 Tahoe Z71 and the previous owner installed LED brake lights. Didn't realize it until I took the vehicle in for service b/c I kept getting a "Check Brake Lamps" message whenever I started it up. The lights work fine, but the service technician told me the computer doesn't recognize the aftermarket bulbs so the "Check Brake Lamps" message is something I'll have to live with if I want the LEDs. It's a bit annoying since I have to click the message away each time I start it up, but I'll deal with it since I prefer the LEDs.

OP
OP
M

mestes1999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is even worse than previous cars. Previously you could replace the brake and reverse lights (the ones I want to replace the MOST, they look AWFUL) and it would be no big deal. You would only get a message or hyperflash if you tried to swap out the turn signals.

Now, good lord. This car is too smart and too dumb at the same time.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the search function and YouTube. There are a few threads on this. For the most part resistors are required to prevent a code. I haven't done this yet but will be doing it at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas