2023 tahoe 3rd row air conditioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

niceshoes321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The third row passenger side by the window is pretty loud when you crank up the ac. Is this normal and happening with everyone else's vehicles? The noise goes down when you lower the ac fan speed but it is still noticeable.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The third row passenger side by the window is pretty loud when you crank up the ac. Is this normal and happening with everyone else's vehicles? The noise goes down when you lower the ac fan speed but it is still noticeable.
On the older models, that’s where the fan is at. Not familiar with your model year, but would guess it’s probably the same. You might be hearing the fan itself which might be a little out of balance. Not sure what you can do about it though. Hope others will chime in with suggestions.

OP
OP
N

niceshoes321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the older models, that’s where the fan is at. Not familiar with your model year, but would guess it’s probably the same. You might be hearing the fan itself which might be a little out of balance. Not sure what you can do about it though. Hope others will chime in with suggestions.
I've got a new 2023 model z71. Yeah I guess that must be it just odd to hear it that loud by the third row window

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘21 Tahoe is similar to your ‘23 and it’s about the same experience. Asked my wife and she can hear fan noise when sitting back there. It didn’t seem unbearable but is noisy compared to the front. Maybe it’s normal?

ArizonaTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just noticed this on a recently on my 23 z71 Tahoe. Some how the rear AC is selected on max and a max of top and floor air flow. It's the floor air flow that is the loudest for me. In subsequent drives, I noticed the rear AC somehow defaulting to floor and I have to change it in the settings. The sound originally freaked me out so much I almost stopped driving completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts