2023 Denali Ultimate Guide Climate Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my vehicle today. Traded in a 2021 Tahoe Premier. The premier has the climate sync button on the passenger temp control. On the Denali that button is now the AC button because of where the heating steering wheel control is. I see there is a sync option within the climate main menu but has anyone figured out a short cut to sync the temp? I have had other vehicles where if you hold something down it will sync. Has anyone figured this out? Seems crazy to have to go into the main menu vs just hitting a button, so makes me think I am missing something obvious. Thank you.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not on the driver temp control? I'm not in the vehicle now but pretty sure that's where mine is.

OP
OP
J

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not on the driver temp control? I'm not in the vehicle now but pretty sure that's where mine is.
That is the Auto button on mine. But I am looking for the sync button. My kids will often adjust the rear temp and I don’t realize it. So I like to be able to set all temps the same and always just hit the sync button on the passenger side control on my Tahoe.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the owners manual, shows it’s on the bottom of the Passenger Temp Control. This syncs the Passenger and the Rear to the driver.

Below is from the 2022; but the 2023 manual shows the same. If it has changed, I’d ask the dealer. Surprised your heated steering wheel button is not on the steering wheel.

Can you post a pic of your controls and of your steering wheel controls?

Attachments

• F13E432A-6847-4CD8-B7A2-7E605072A129.jpeg
    F13E432A-6847-4CD8-B7A2-7E605072A129.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 13

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the owners manual, shows it’s on the bottom of the Passenger Temp Control. This syncs the Passenger and the Rear to the driver.

Below is from the 2022; but the 2023 manual shows the same. If it has changed, I’d ask the dealer. Surprised your heated steering wheel button is not on the steering wheel.

Can you post a pic of your controls and of your steering wheel controls?
Maybe you have SuperCruise? From the pics online, seems they used the previous Heated Steering Wheel button for super cruise, punted the sync button, moved Heated Steering Wheel to the old AC button, moved AC button to old Sync Button, and punted Sync…Soft Button Only now on Infotainment? And, doesn’t seem like the owners manual is updated.

Have you tried holding down “Auto” or pressing it again?

OP
OP
J

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have SuperCruise? From the pics online, seems they used the previous Heated Steering Wheel button for super cruise, punted the sync button, moved Heated Steering Wheel to the old AC button, moved AC button to old Sync Button, and punted Sync…Soft Button Only now on Infotainment? And, doesn’t seem like the owners manual is updated.

Have you tried holding down “Auto” or pressing it again?
This is accurate description. I should have noted I have SC and the heated steering wheel button is now where the old AC button was. I tried holding down the auto buttons but that didn’t seem to do anything. Didn’t see answer in manual so figured I would check here before messing around any further. In previous vehicles (non GM) holding down auto would do it. Will try that again and see if I can figure anything else out. This was just me playing around in the driveway last night.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is on the passenger temp control. Says sync on the button….same as auto button….

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is accurate description. I should have noted I have SC and the heated steering wheel button is now where the old AC button was. I tried holding down the auto buttons but that didn’t seem to do anything. Didn’t see answer in manual so figured I would check here before messing around any further. In previous vehicles (non GM) holding down auto would do it. Will try that again and see if I can figure anything else out. This was just me playing around in the driveway last night.
Maybe a call or e-mail to GM customer service, as the Owner's Manual clearly is not updated...but you may be limited to the soft button, unfortunately.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting change and yes it would be an aggravation. Wife is always messing with the HVAC setting and when she gets out I use the buttons to put everything back to automatic. On the other hand the 2021 doesn't have a camera button.

OP
OP
J

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is annoying but probably one of those things I will eventually forget about and just do it via infotainment. And yes, getting SC and camera button may require the trade off…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17