2022 Z71 Suburban 6.2L bent lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightymouse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious. Did you own a model from the previous generation? If so, did you notice more engine noise with your '22? I own a '17 and '22; the engine in my 22 seems to be louder and produce more noise. This is concerning as there may be a solid chance I will be joining the failed lifter club with a '22 at some point. I'm hoping this isn't the case, but the engine noise gives me doubt.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@AmazinglySmooth I LOL’ed at your username. I’m mortified to hear this is happening to the 22’s. It would be curious to see if there’s any chance that engine is actually somehow from the 21’ builds or with 21’ parts as correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the 22’s start production right around the timeframe of your build? It’s all moot as 21 and 22 are the same physical year in this case. Guessing this is obvious your dash is fully digital, right?

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@AmazinglySmooth I LOL’ed at your username. I’m mortified to hear this is happening to the 22’s. It would be curious to see if there’s any chance that engine is actually somehow from the 21’ builds or with 21’ parts as correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the 22’s start production right around the timeframe of your build? It’s all moot as 21 and 22 are the same physical year in this case. Guessing this is obvious your dash is fully digital, right?
Dash is fully digital (see video for full details).

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious. Did you own a model from the previous generation? If so, did you notice more engine noise with your '22? I own a '17 and '22; the engine in my 22 seems to be louder and produce more noise. This is concerning as there may be a solid chance I will be joining the failed lifter club with a '22 at some point. I'm hoping this isn't the case, but the engine noise gives me doubt.
I have an '18 5.3L, but I got the 6.2L with cat back exhaust in my '22 so there is no comparison.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5.3 and 6.2 engines are the same as the 2021 engines. Major design flaw increased with the DFM system that can bend a push rod due to a clearance issue at the base of the push rod and lifter sidewall seat. It is not a matter of if it is a matter of when with this design flaw. Super excited to get our diesel suburban this spring and say bye bye to our current 5.3 nightmare.