2022 Yukon XL Camper Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cop35758

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm currently trying to order a Yukon XL SLT, 4x4 with Max Tow. In the next year or so, I plan to use it to pull a travel trailer / camper (maybe around 6000lbs dry). My biggest concern that I've been reading about is the amount of sag even with a weight distribution hitch. I would love to go with air ride suspension but that's a significant increase from the SLT. I would app any insight on what your towing with your SLT 5.3 and the amount of sag occurring.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ungawa

Reaction score
Sorry but I have yet to tow with short 22 Yukon, but what your concerned about is tung weight And using a weight distribution hitch should correct most sagging.

WVBKW

Reaction score
I believe air suspension is critical when towing with these SUV’s. Have you considered a Suburban Z71. The pricing is in same ballpark I believe as an Slt and you can get air suspension.

The only time I have towed 6000, was my heavy equipment trailer with 2 sxs’s. Plus 5 people (610#)in the suburban. The Air suspension handled it perfectly. The 5.3 with Max Tow pkg was ok… but didn’t love the weight on hills.

I have since ordered a 2023 Suburban Z71 with 6.2 (don’t have it yet)and sold my equipment trailer and purchased an aluminum trailer weighing 1200# less.

Last edited:

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get air ride, get it. Weight distributing hitch helps, but the air ride is the only way to really do anything about it.

az26er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was able to get into a 22 Tahoe LT, Duramax with Max Tow using a Husky WDH and am pulling a travel trailer coming in just under 8000# and just under 30' in length so I'm maxing out the rating. Pulling out of Denver into the mountains on I-70 isn't giving me any headaches but I am typically staying in the right lane taking it easy around 45-55 MPH when I can. If I had the option to get the Air Suspension I would definitely want it but overall I don't think the sag is too bad with the WDH setup correctly.

Below is a photo of my setup ready to go to see the amount of sag on the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpeg
    IMG_0992.jpeg
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 50

crankin

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Yukon XL Denali with the 6.2
No max tow
No air ride just the magnetic suspension
towing a 32' Travel trailer weighing about 7200 lbs. I use a Husky TS centerline weight distribution hitch. 1 inch sag in the back and 1/8 to 1/4 raise in the front.
Just towed it round trip of 700km and I didnt have any issuesreceived_761315835117118.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was able to get into a 22 Tahoe LT, Duramax with Max Tow using a Husky WDH and am pulling a travel trailer coming in just under 8000# and just under 30' in length so I'm maxing out the rating. Pulling out of Denver into the mountains on I-70 isn't giving me any headaches but I am typically staying in the right lane taking it easy around 45-55 MPH when I can. If I had the option to get the Air Suspension I would definitely want it but overall I don't think the sag is too bad with the WDH setup correctly.

Below is a photo of my setup ready to go to see the amount of sag on the rear.

The level looks pretty good in that pic. If anything, I'd want the trailer tongue to be slightly lower in order to prevent excessive sway. I wouldn't want it any higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC