2022 Yukon with slight shudder while downshifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFLOY001

Reaction score
I have around 3,000 miles on my new Yukon. after owning it a while I have noticed a slight shudder or vibration while downshifting around 13mph. has anyone else experienced this?

yaww

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have around 3,000 miles on my new Yukon. after owning it a while I have noticed a slight shudder or vibration while downshifting around 13mph. has anyone else experienced this?
What engine do you have and what octane gasoline are you using? If not using the recommended fuel, that may lead to premature or retarded combustion (which in theory should be compensated by knock sensors).

OP
OP
S

SFLOY001

Reaction score
What engine do you have and what octane gasoline are you using? If not using the recommended fuel, that may lead to premature or retarded combustion (which in theory should be compensated by knock sensors).
5.3l and 87

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it happen on all downshifts or on gentle stops or aggresive stops? Happen when engine warmed up or cold?

OP
OP
S

SFLOY001

Reaction score
Does it happen on all downshifts or on gentle stops or aggresive stops? Happen when engine warmed up or cold?
Engine can be warm or cold. and when just braking normal. feels like you are going over rumble sticks. but its very slight

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably have it checked out. may just be a update in the ecm or whatever controls the transmission shifts

OP
OP
S

SFLOY001

Reaction score
Any update on this? I notice it on mine too.
Took it to local dealership and had service manager and tech drive it around. They believe its in the transmission. I had to call the dealership i bought it from so i could make sure i got a loaner. i drop it off monday!

vwfast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took it to local dealership and had service manager and tech drive it around. They believe its in the transmission. I had to call the dealership i bought it from so i could make sure i got a loaner. i drop it off monday!
Did they determine the cause?

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does not sound good. Please keep us updated as to what the Dealer has to say about it. And don't let them tell you "They all do that". They don't!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE