2022 Yukon Parking Brake Stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was wrong with the tried and true cable setup? All this elecrrostuff for basic operations would really chap my rear if I were I your shoes. I hope you can get it figured out.
Because then you can't advertise you have "auto parking brake release" -- Actually, was probably intended to keep people from burning up their PB by forgetting it was on...sigh...gotta protect the idiots from themselves.

OR

It is an enhanced safety feature, as it auto applies when parking on an incline...which many people don't do (nor do they turn their wheels to the curb either)

OP
OP
crankin

crankin

Reaction score
So since this last posting it has happened again to my wife when she was at school dropping 2/3 kids off. Let me tell you she wasn't too pleased when she called me!!

Sent back to the dealer. This time "the computer had multiple messages for your parking brake" the technician went ahead and did a "recalibration of your park brake"

Are you serious what's next lol we need to do recalibrations of parking breaks.

Service has ordered a new caliper which is a few days away and will have in stock for me if the issue happens again and they will replace it.

Why didn't they do that the first time? This will be the 3rd time back to the dealer for the same problem.
I understand the dealers hands are somewhat tied as they need to prove or show GM in order for them to get paid for parts and labour.

Looks like ill want to unload this before warranty expires.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since this last posting it has happened again to my wife when she was at school dropping 2/3 kids off. Let me tell you she wasn't too pleased when she called me!!

Sent back to the dealer. This time "the computer had multiple messages for your parking brake" the technician went ahead and did a "recalibration of your park brake"

Service has ordered a new caliper which is a few days away and will have in stock for me if the issue happens again and they will replace it.

Why didn't they do that the first time? This will be the 3rd time back to the dealer for the same problem.
I understand the dealers hands are somewhat tied as they need to prove or show GM in order for them to get paid for parts and labour.

Wow. Lol.

paul916

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I am having the same issue with my 2021 Suburban. Please let me know what part(s) the dealer replaces and if this fixes the issue. I am having no luck with the dealer so far.

OP
OP
crankin

crankin

Reaction score
The service parking break light came on once again. And then the next day on the dash came "Service transmission now. Unable to shift soon"
Had it to the dealer, They replaced the rear caliper and it has been 3 days with no issues to this point.
Also the computer had no codes or faults for the transmission. I hope it was tied to the parking break issue.

Currently truck is back to normal operation. But for how long lol

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many mornings I have to really stomp on the gas to get it to turn off. I guess that means some cold morning it will just leave me stuck in my driveway. Good to know. I refuse to bother to turn it off manually since I am not the one who turned it on. Totally unnecessary tehno-wizardry. Do they make a dongle to disable it like auto stop?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many mornings I have to really stomp on the gas to get it to turn off. I guess that means some cold morning it will just leave me stuck in my driveway. Good to know. I refuse to bother to turn it off manually since I am not the one who turned it on. Totally unnecessary tehno-wizardry. Do they make a dongle to disable it like auto stop?
Figure out where it goes to and unplug or figure out how to disable it. It's not that hard to trace and figure out I'm sure as long as it's axle mounted

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Just because you didn't put the e-brake on and someone else did is kind of ridicules because you refuse to do it the right way by pushing the button. Anyway the way your doing it by hitting the gas is the way it works, it is like that in case someone forgets to remove it and riding the e-brake. Do it the right way.

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the hill hold feature is activated.

NT Automotive

Reaction score
Our 2021 bronco had electric ebrake. It too auto released under throttle. We had a manual transmission too so ebrake was necessary.

I can say that ours locked up ONE time in the garage. When these electric ebrakes lock up your car wont budge unlike cable design. It happened IMO because I was using the auto release 100% of the time. It was also kinda cold when it happened too but not too bad here in desert inside a garage.

So I sat in my garage for 5 min playing with the unlock sequence. Turn car off/on. Press the button etc. Then I pressed the brake pedal down while pressing button again and bingo it unlocked. Since that day until we sold it for our 2019 Yukon the ebrake never on bronco locked up again AND I never auto released it under throttle again either. I always pressed the brake pedal then hit the ebrake button whether I was parking or going. I suggest doing same if not already. I also like having old style cable ebrake in my 2019 again.

Curious do the electric ebrakes also offer an emergency option whereby you pull or press and hold the button to aid in quick stop in emergency? The broncos had this feature although only a seasoned car driver would likely ever know how to use it if needed in emergency.

Ps-I pulled some pics from my old bronco build journal (over 1K pics) on this topic. I know its diff brand but electric ebrake sticking issue likely similar. Plus what one guy said he did to get it to release. Hope this helps. Note I had to post last 2 pics in another comment directly below, only allowed 5 pics per comment.

Screenshot_20220215-072250_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220215-072257_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220215-072306_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220215-072315_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220215-072328_Samsung Internet.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon