2022 Tahoe - Rear ended a month or so ago. Got the vehicle back today with different parts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says, was rear-ended and finally go the vehicle back. Checking everything over I notice that it all of the new plastic inside on the hatch just feels cheaper. Feels like things aren't quite as "tight" as they were brand new. Initially I thought they forgo to replace the button to close the hatch but then noticed it in a totally different location (see imgur video below). I also noticed after opening the hatch some water leaking down into the cargo area (It has been raining) which doesn't give me a ton of confidence. Are these just not GM parts or something? I'm a little pissed to be honest that it's not back exactly as it was and everything just feels cheaper to me.

Thoughts on this button placement?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back to the body shop, and have them place that button correctly.

Ad for the plastics.. I wonder if they got replacement plastics, but did not put the insulators on the inside?

Just a thought

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised they already exist but could be aftermarket parts. If not, then they may have cut corners on the R&R of the panel.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That location is access to manually unlock the tailgate should the electronics fail.

The design/tooling engineer for that panel got clever and used the same part number (plug) for both the power liftgate button and the access opening.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back to the body shop, and have them place that button correctly.

Ad for the plastics.. I wonder if they got replacement plastics, but did not put the insulators on the inside?

Just a thought
Maybe so. Not sure what insulators are. Considered going to a dealer tomorrow and comparing to another Tahoe to see exactly what’s not correct.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised they already exist but could be aftermarket parts. If not, then they may have cut corners on the R&R of the panel.
True. Never considered that after market parts may not even be a thing yet for 22s

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That location is access to manually unlock the tailgate should the electronics fail.

The design/tooling engineer for that panel got clever and used the same part number (plug) for both the power liftgate button and the access opening.
Ah thanks. I’m going to take it back and get that fixed.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably aftermarket parts id imagine. Generally you have to request oem be used otherwise you get what you get.

For the most part that is how insurance companies work. Use aftermarket parts for cost purposes. If you want OEM be ready to cover the difference.

*sigh*

I was unaware of that tidbit. I assumed they’d repair it as close to “new” as it was before wrecked. Amazing to me that they’ll use shit after market parts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe Belgium