2022 suburban LS screen upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stovall977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there any update on upgrading to the larger screen? I have a 2023 LS 4WD and the small screen frustrating. I saw a thread form May where Asnsurfnut had installed it but it was displaying multiple screens. Any fix yet on that? Has anyone else had that problem? I'm thinking of attempting to see if its an isolated issue. Thanks

stovall977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bet you have to replace the entire unit for it to work rather than just the screen. We are about to invest in leather seat covers Katskinz for our LS, but if the larger screen is not achievable I think we may trade it in.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a Yukon. Even the SLE (lowest trim) on the Yukon gives you the 10.2" HD screen. There's a handful of other upgrades an SLE has over an LS.

As far as the screen, it very likely requires software changes and even a dealer isn't going to bother or likely be able to change that for you. There's so much software involved in these rigs and they program each rig VIN specific to its build sheet.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do report back
Just get a Yukon. Even the SLE (lowest trim) on the Yukon gives you the 10.2" HD screen. There's a handful of other upgrades an SLE has over an LS.

As far as the screen, it very likely requires software changes and even a dealer isn't going to bother or likely be able to change that for you. There's so much software involved in these rigs and they program each rig VIN specific to its build sheet.
Yes, unfortunately that’s how all the OEMs are evolving. Even relatively small upgrades or repairs are very difficult or not possible at all anymore due to the “software lock”.

I’m still hopeful someone will figure it out. Its the only thing that bothers me on our LS. Not worth upgrading to a Yukon given the MSRP increased by ~$5k, not talking of CA taxes. Does the Yukon even come with the front bench seat option? That was the main reason going with a “base” model.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do report back

Yes, unfortunately that’s how all the OEMs are evolving. Even relatively small upgrades or repairs are very difficult or not possible at all anymore due to the “software lock”.

I’m still hopeful someone will figure it out. Its the only thing that bothers me on our LS. Not worth upgrading to a Yukon given the MSRP increased by ~$5k, not talking of CA taxes. Does the Yukon even come with the front bench seat option? That was the main reason going with a “base” model.
Yep - I have an SLE w/ 9 seat config. It was our main reason as well to get the base trim - ended up finding the Yukon, but we would have taken the Suburban as well if we found one with what we wanted (Diesel, Tow Pkg and 9-seat config). If I remember correctly the things you get on a Yukon XL that you don't get on a Suburban are:

-Digital Dash
-10.2" Infotainment (Also gives you the trailering menu to setup profiles, sync trailer tire tpms, etc.)
-Fog Lights
-All LED lighting (front and back)
-Better looking 18" wheels IMO
-More chrome trim around side windows
-Chrome dash adjustment knobs HVAC, Driving Mode, etc.

stovall977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my 2023 LS with 20k miles on it appraised for trade in today @ $53,000. We paid $64,000 for it 8 months ago. Not worth it! I’ll live with the little screen. Hopefully the OP figures something out.

UAEdunes

Reaction score
@Asnsurfnut do you remember the part number you purchased? After some googling I found there are (at least) two part numbers 84805427 and 84805425 for seemingly the same thing(?)… at least I was able to find both for sale. Was wondering which one you purchased and I may try the opposite.

This is the part number I come up with. And there’s two other boxes linked with this as pictured but can’t find them.
IMG_7819.png

stovall977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the part number I come up with. And there’s two other boxes linked with this as pictured but can’t find them.
View attachment 414102
I think this may be item #2 maybe? It does state 10" display w/o Denali and without navigation it also says Suburban. Maybe this would be for a Base LT w/o navigation?

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    380.4 KB · Views: 6

stovall977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found this one as well. i just realized the one that I shared above says 10" and not 10.2"

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    434.2 KB · Views: 4

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe LS has an IOR radio which has no way to drive a 10"+ unit currently. Even a base SLE Yukon has the IOK radio thats why it gets the bigger panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn