2022 suburban LS screen upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cquintj3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Asnsurfnut do you remember the part number you purchased? After some googling I found there are (at least) two part numbers 84805427 and 84805425 for seemingly the same thing(?)… at least I was able to find both for sale. Was wondering which one you purchased and I may try the opposite.
10" screen supplier just came up saying the HMI box needs to be changed as well, have any one heard of it before??

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10" screen supplier just came up saying the HMI box needs to be changed as well, have any one heard of it before??
I wouldn't doubt it. If you look at the first post in this thread the OP tried adding the larger screen and the display output was not correct. Likely the ECU for driving the multimedia display was not calibrated for the larger screen and higher resolution.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we haven’t heard from @Cquintj3 he likely wasn’t successful (yet). Just came back from the park assist retrofit and, according to the paperwork, multiple modules had to be reprogrammed to make it work. I have a feeling it’s all pretty locked down like one of the previous commenters suggested and, to make it work, more than just the screen needs to be replaced/recoded. Still hoping someone will figure it out!

Cquintj3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since we haven’t heard from @Cquintj3 he likely wasn’t successful (yet). Just came back from the park assist retrofit and, according to the paperwork, multiple modules had to be reprogrammed to make it work. I have a feeling it’s all pretty locked down like one of the previous commenters suggested and, to make it work, more than just the screen needs to be replaced/recoded. Still hoping someone will figure it out!
Absolutely right…. Been trying all means….it is pretty locked up…..

akambakr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve searched but no luck. I have a 2022 suburban LS. Diesel 4x4. I’ve decided to test if the larger screen that’s on every other model can replace the smaller screen that comes in LS now and PPV. The connections are identical and installation was pretty easy. Problem is the new screen displays 8 different screens in one lol. Dealer hasn’t been much help. I have an appt to see if it needs to be programmed. Just wanted to ask if anyone has ideas. Everything works btw. You can click any of them and it does what you want. I’d just rather have 1 big one..
Any update on this? has anyone been successful for this swap? so interested to do it on my LS 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz