2022 Suburban LED light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relbus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted an LED light bar on their 21+ burb or Tahoe? I am looking for ideas. It looks like one would fit in the lower air damn where the faux opening is. I spend a lot of time traveling to our cabin at night, and the last 100 miles or so is pretty dark desolate roads. I have had light bars on my pickups for years and they work great to provide extra light when I am running up north to the cabin.

On my Ram I have a Baja Designs Onx6 20" that works awesome. I'm thinking same light bar would be a good fit.

ram.jpgram2.jpg

Garth Knight

Reaction score
I'm looking for one too. Or even an LED light mounted on a b.i.g. bla.ck pushbar on the grill or light bar on the roof. I kinda want to put amber lights on my roof though like yours.

(For some reason the part before pushbar kept getting censored)

WVBKW

Reaction score
I can’t believe there aren’t any options yet. At least I can’t seem to find any. The headlights are good, but don’t throw much light down the road.

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
Well, my attempt to mount my 40" Rigid Adapt Light Bar is under way. Roof rack crossbar as the holder for this heavy light bar. Got it finally bolted down and temporarily installed it to see if I liked it or it looked stupid. Jury in my mind is still out. Pics aren't that great as I was running out of daylight.. It definitely sits high as the cross arms are pretty tall to begin with. It also can double as clearance lights Still need to put the rear crossbar on20220919_194205.jpg20220919_204409.jpg20220919_194414.jpg20220919_194357.jpg

Last edited:

imfrogman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, my attempt to mount my 40" Rigid Adapt Light Bar is under way. Roof rack crossbar as the holder for this heavy light bar. Got it finally bolted down and temporarily installed it to see if I liked it or it looked stupid. Jury in my mind is still out. Pics aren't that great as I was running out of daylight.. It definitely sits high as the cross arms are pretty tall to begin with. It also can double as clearance lights Still need to put the rear crossbar onView attachment 380956View attachment 380958View attachment 380957View attachment 380959
Im in the looks stupid camp, way too high. besides thats gotta produce a ton of wind noise

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my attempt to mount my 40" Rigid Adapt Light Bar is under way. Roof rack crossbar as the holder for this heavy light bar. Got it finally bolted down and temporarily installed it to see if I liked it or it looked stupid. Jury in my mind is still out. Pics aren't that great as I was running out of daylight.. It definitely sits high as the cross arms are pretty tall to begin with. It also can double as clearance lights Still need to put the rear crossbar onView attachment 380956View attachment 380958View attachment 380957View attachment 380959

Hey I noticed your GMT900 profile banner with the Decepticon logo on the fender reminded me of the DOTM Bayformers Dreads, And then I see your @RIZE_UP user name which reminds my of another TF Prime favorite moment of mine thanks!

RIZE_UP

Reaction score
Hey I noticed your GMT900 profile banner with the Decepticon logo on the fender reminded me of the DOTM Bayformers Dreads, And then I see your @RIZE_UP user name which reminds my of another TF Prime favorite moment of mine thanks!

GOOD EYE!! Thats excatly what My old burb was built to represent - almost a match to the dark side of the moon dreads... mine was a little taller with a 14" 3rd coast lift. I miss it alot. It was a neck breaker and fun as hell. Hoping some day my new one might come close to the head Turner that one was.
I know it was on barricade, but I had In the back window - to punish and enslave in ghost black vinyl script as well. It was a beast...

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GOOD EYE!! Thats excatly what My old burb was built to represent - almost a match to the dark side of the moon dreads... mine was a little taller with a 14" 3rd coast lift. I miss it alot. It was a neck breaker and fun as hell. Hoping some day my new one might come close to the head Turner that one was.
I know it was on barricade, but I had In the back window - to punish and enslave in ghost black vinyl script as well. It was a beast...

Oh damn, nice! Did you see these? I wanted to order a set but they ran out. They look very nice, I saw them on a Mustang.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted an LED light bar on their 21+ burb or Tahoe? I am looking for ideas. It looks like one would fit in the lower air damn where the faux opening is. I spend a lot of time traveling to our cabin at night, and the last 100 miles or so is pretty dark desolate roads. I have had light bars on my pickups for years and they work great to provide extra light when I am running up north to the cabin.

On my Ram I have a Baja Designs Onx6 20" that works awesome. I'm thinking same light bar would be a good fit.

View attachment 372301View attachment 372302
Did you ever go through with the light bar? If so, how was installation and how did you wire it?

Ardnut_Amocat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

This is on a 22 Chevy 1500, and will soon be done the same on my 22 Tahoe LT.

Pull the front grille assembly off, and basically there is the perfect spot for 1 or more single row 30" curve light bars. VisionX are the ones In these pictures. Basically there is a center bar that has to be cut out, and then 2 bars fabricated & painted in which the light bars mount to, then wire in and put the grille assembly back on.

Local shop quoted $2400 for what you see here. Being a GM technician myself, it sounds crazily overpriced, until you attempt to do it yourself and cook one or more modules and have to pay for that, when and if you can buy one.

Attachments

• IMG_20231109_205154.jpg
    IMG_20231109_205154.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20231109_205200.jpg
    IMG_20231109_205200.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20231109_205213.jpg
    IMG_20231109_205213.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads