2022 Suburban HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about this still ticks me off. There's a current production vehicle to fill the bill, Lenco Bearcat Tactical SUV, built on a Ford F550 chasis, costs about 350k. What's the matter, no leather seats or infotainment screens? What, they want a vehicle that looks like a normal 2021+ suburban? Plenty of armored vehicle conversion companies out there converting SUV's. This is sick, $3.6M for an SUV.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're still using 900s which are now 8 going on 9 years old. This few, they are probably for the President. Yep, Duraburb has 1 ton chassis to make K2 Suburbans but those are not being made anymore. I doubt the new design could handle the weight, those things weigh 12K plus pounds.

Seen some news clips of motorcades and they still run GMT800 2500 Burbs !! Try to get a deal on one on GSA Auction but they sell for STUPID $$$$$$

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duraburb was still building 1-ton Suburbans a few years ago with a K2 body on top of the chassis. I think they weighed 8-tons. Not sure if GM has any K2 Suburban bodies left.

Not sure the IRS in the new ones is up to the task of supporting an armored cab.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think in Washington, your status is as much determined by your ride, as your title.

EscaladeEscapades

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about this? What if politicians just stopped pissing people off and maybe they would not be in fear of being attacked all the time. If we citizens liked what they are doing they could just Uber where they want to go with no worries and at the same time help support the Service economy.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, if leaders around the world ACTUALLY did their jobs FOR the people, they wouldn't need these for protection. It ticks me off that my tax money is used to protect the idiots that are running this joint into the ground.....just saying.