2022 RSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elise201424

Reaction score
is there the option on the 2022s to have audio from the rear seat entertainment on the speakers in the vehicle? I know the 2021 has the listen function and you have the option to do the headphones or speakers. However I’m unable to get a definitive answer if the 2022 has the listen function for the speakers as well? Is there someone that has the 2022 with rear seat entertainment know this answer?

cgator67

Reaction score
I just tested this on my '22 Tahoe tonight. Streamed a show on a Roku Express for the 15 min ride home from dinner for my daughter and had it playing through the speakers in the vehicle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Elise201424

Reaction score
I just tested this on my '22 Tahoe tonight. Streamed a show on a Roku Express for the 15 min ride home from dinner for my daughter and had it playing through the speakers in the vehicle.
Thank you!

cgator67

Reaction score
Thank you!
No problem. My biggest gripe with the '22 RSE right now is there doesn't seem to be a way to preview the rear screens on the front screen (which you could on '21 RSE), or watch on the front while in park. But I'm hoping these features will be added in an Android update. But otherwise, streaming thru the Roku and and playing thru the vehicle speakers has worked perfectly the couple of times I've tested it. Attached is a pic of how I set it up.

Attachments

• PXL_20220107_174715782.jpg
    PXL_20220107_174715782.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 24

Jsenky

Reaction score
No problem. My biggest gripe with the '22 RSE right now is there doesn't seem to be a way to preview the rear screens on the front screen (which you could on '21 RSE), or watch on the front while in park. But I'm hoping these features will be added in an Android update. But otherwise, streaming thru the Roku and and playing thru the vehicle speakers has worked perfectly the couple of times I've tested it. Attached is a pic of how I set it up.
How do you preview the rear screen from the front in the '21? Or watch while in park? Both of these would be great options.

I'm happy to share a pic of my rear setup as well if that helps anyone.

cgator67

Reaction score
How do you preview the rear screen from the front in the '21? Or watch while in park? Both of these would be great options.

I'm happy to share a pic of my rear setup as well if that helps anyone.
Idk I don't have a '21. But from everything I've read about the '21 RSE, you can get a preview/snapshot of what's on each RSE screen from the front. I don't believe there is a way to actually watch on the front screen though.

Jsenky

Reaction score
Idk I don't have a '21. But from everything I've read about the '21 RSE, you can get a preview/snapshot of what's on each RSE screen from the front. I don't believe there is a way to actually watch on the front screen though.
I am not aware of a way to get a preview of what's on the screens. I'll try it today and see if it works. Might be an option while parked instead of driving.

That would be helpful for people with little kids but I have Rokus and my 9/7 yo kids can work them with ease. Might as well be an extension of their body at this point. We have Rokus at the house too so that helps a ton.

Watching while parked would also be awesome.

Like people mentioned before I'm sure there will be some hacks upcoming. GM making these changes between 21-22 is likely going to delay that process.

123ablack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM Pulled the Rear Seat Entertainment from the Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban for the rest of this model year.. this sucks..
is there an aftermarket rear seat entertainment system (either dual monitor screens or drop-down displays) that would connect to the front screen? not so much for watching on the front screen but i wanna be able to control it from the front screen.
Any info would be appreciated

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not see RSE on their websites yesterday for ordering, only on the highest level Escalade. Today I am able to see it again at least on the Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019