2022 RSE Apps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not a dumb question. But yes, that was the first place I looked. There are limited apps available in the Google Play Store and these are not in there.
Do you happen to have some pictures of the apps available in the play store? Looking to buy and it's difficult discovering what all is actually available.

2022_SuburbanZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WHat happens when you select HULU? Mine takes me to a screen that says i need a video streaming account and to call Onstar but Onstar doesnt seem to know anything about it.
I had to go through the onscreen prompts multiply times to finally log into Hulu, but it's working now. Not ideal, but gives me hope that the RSE may eventually evolve into something more than just screens. I'm still using the below setup because it's a lot easier for me to use the Alexa function on the Fire remote to que up movies from the front seat for our 4- and 2-year-old. Plus, it gives me access to Disney and Netflix, which is what they really want. The shorter power cables, ultra thin flat USB wall charger, and 90 degree HDMI elbows are key.

Fire3 (2).jpgFire4.jpg

Last edited:

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go through the onscreen prompts multiply times to finally log into Hulu, but it's working now. Not ideal, but gives me hope that the RSE may eventually evolve into something more than just screens. I'm still using the below setup because it's a lot easier for me to use the Alexa function on the Fire remote to que up movies from the front seat for our 4- and 2-year-olds. Plus, it gives me access to Disney and Netflix, which is what they really want. The shorter power cables, ultra thin flat USB wall charger, and 90 degree HDMI elbows are key.

View attachment 361647View attachment 361648
That looks like a great setup for the firesticks. What do you have plugged into the power supply there?

KaseyB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Tahoe RST I picked up on 12/23 with RSE. Had hulu in the screen but said had to have a in vehicle streaming account and to call onstar. Also i wanted to download netflix and disney+. Like others, got the runaround. Nobody knew what to do. Finally got a number to call and got the runaround again. I added the data plan/wifi bundle and then could login if i purchased a hulu subscription (a regular one independent of gm). Onstar said I could download other apps but I needed the "connected shopping" app enabled by the dealer. Took it to the dealer today they have no idea what I'm talking about. I did get an informational hand out from November that apps will become available. Which is why I assume just about everyone has hulu now. Freaking stupid. 1500 car payment and this is what I get I just gave in and signed up for free trial to hulu. Kids are happy....me? Not so much.

2022_SuburbanZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That looks like a great setup for the firesticks. What do you have plugged into the power supply there?
I found everything on Amazon.

Power: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BHTPSH7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
HDMI Elbows: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y7UT6EK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Power Cables: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S8GU03A?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Note: The power cables come two to a pack, but you have to buy two packs since each pair are opposites.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

XianAnCap

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update for anyone interested. Regarding Hulu, existing accounts simply login to use the platform. However, we have been using Chromecast with Google TV for the last couple weeks and it's seamless. Works just like our at-home Google TV devices. Honestly, it's likely better than any app that might become available on the RSE monitors. For $40-50 spent on Google TV, we have Hulu, YouTube TV, YouTube, YouTube Music, Disney+, Netflix, Spotify, and Amazon Prime Video at our fingertips. Nintendo Switch also works flawlessly and 2 player games can be mirrored across screens so each player gets their own screen for game play. I'm now quite happy with setup and my only complaint at this point is the lack of instruction/guidance produced by GM for the new RSE. Anyway, highly recommend Google TV for all your streaming needs. Hope this helps!

DenaliDrew

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about everyone's issues with the 22's. I have the RSE in my 21 Denali XL and I love it now, although it took a lot of experimenting to dial it in. At first, I tried with my work cellphone hotspot, but that was a total fail. It never worked, constantly glitched. This thing was engineered to work with the built in wifi, and to have an elegant experience, you have to pony up the $20 a month. I added mine to my already outrageous AT&T bill and it works perfectly. I am lucky to have the USB and a friend who gives me a stick a month or so, but we use the Roku LE from Walmart. It is much more stealthy than the stick imho and should work fine for you folks with the 22 model. On a positive note, the kids can't send requests to Chick-Fila every 5 minutes. I wanted to upgrade eventually to get the supercruise whenever that comes, but for now, super happy with my 21.

roku.jpg

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use the lightning digital AV adapter to connect iphone to hdmi and use phone content as a “source”?
Works for downloaded iTunes content but most steaming apps now have an updated HDCP protocol from what I can tell that won’t allow pushing Disney+ and the likes.

Sarles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Yukon Denali XL. Ordered last year around august 2021 and received it Jan 2022. Our media package came with the Hulu app in it. After doing some research, I realized not all 22 models had the same apps. Some people reported having Disney and YouTube while others reported only Hulu. Some even reported only having 1 of the 3 apps listed. I didn’t mind because we are getting fire sticks anyways and the kids watch Hulu. Well as of yesterday, our Hulu app disappeared and is no longer available. Called GMC and the dealership and nobody had answers. Figured it might have been an update that cleaned it out but everyone I talked to said they had never heard of that problem before. We have also had glitches in the cameras and center screen going blank. Not sure if it is related to wiping the Hulu app off our media. I hope GMC gets it together and puts out an update or program that we can get installed to make this right. False advertisement at its finest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844