2022 Infotainment Favorites Moving Positions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I see the favorites moving, it looks to me like a continuous roibbon of the favorites, and it can be scrolled left and right by draggin the row...you sure you aren't dragging the row around...

Net, it doesn't seem like it is 5-6 "pages" of favorites, but a continous ribbon of favorites you can drag left or right...or maybe I am not describing this right...

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I see the favorites moving, it looks to me like a continuous roibbon of the favorites, and it can be scrolled left and right by draggin the row...you sure you aren't dragging the row around...

Net, it doesn't seem like it is 5-6 "pages" of favorites, but a continous ribbon of favorites you can drag left or right...or maybe I am not describing this right...
Ok, no, not quite right...you def can drag the row, but it does "snap" to group's of 5...so, not sure on the re-ordering of favorites. I will watch for this, so far, I've only put 518 miles on my 2022, haven't spent enough time in there yet to really get to know it. Could be the programming uses what you have listened to and re-orders them based on that...I will watch for it. Sorry for the confusion. Favorites are not well documented in the Owners Manual.

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s totally random. I can go a couple days with no movement, or every day. I’ve reorganized and moved favorites around in different positions multiple times. For me it seems to be 2 or 3 different Sirius XM stations that move. It seems that it happens less often when I turn the vehicle off on a radio station that is not a favorite.

Ltski315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 2022 GMC Yukon AT4 and it also rearranges three XM stations nightly, has anyone taken this issue to the dealer? If so what did they say?

DanC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my personal 2018 with just turned over 11,000 thousand miles. The last six months everything thing all owners are dealing with XM displays is true. Called GM and given a case number with a appointment with my service advisor . Always been a excellent advisor recommended by my Agency.
Report verified radio display internally shorted. Now issue is back at GM
to authorize some help with the $1240 quote.
The dealership has two customer service loaners. BOTH have broken radios.
I drive Suburbans and Tahoes Fleet that don’t any of this junk in dash or front of console. I wish when I Ret soon I could purchase one of the suburbans. Problem these unfitted beast are never sold .
May sound like I’m upset most definitely . Wishing I would here of a class action lawsuit over the victim’s being played with this well known defect.

Talk about head on collision distractions. One more thought if I do get one replaced after TWO years there’s no warranty. I will let you know what happens with GM next week.

svt1998gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you added multiple profiles to the Google infotainment system, I noticed before I added my first profile it would resort to guest or demo mode.

Note the user profile on the top right and see if its switching on you.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, looks like bulletin 22-NA-058 addresses some bugs in the area of this (specifically references Presets being removed -- maybe similar), update to software W162, I am going to dealer next week for some other stuff, going to ask them to do this update

Attachments

• 22-NA-058.pdf
    129.1 KB · Views: 16

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, looks like bulletin 22-NA-058 addresses some bugs in the area of this (specifically references Presets being removed -- maybe similar), update to software W162, I am going to dealer next week for some other stuff, going to ask them to do this update
Was at dealer yesterday and they updated my infotainment to W163 firmware per 22-NA-113. Will keep you posted on any noticeable bug fixes. The one I have noticed already is the temporary 2-3s cutout of the audio about 30s after starting the vehicle. Hoping this new FW keeps the offline maps around too.

CFTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the W163 or W162 updates to the firmware fix the issue of the moving of XM presets? I have 3 presets that keep moving since I purchased my 2022 Tahoe in October 2021. Thank you.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the W163 or W162 updates to the firmware fix the issue of the moving of XM presets? I have 3 presets that keep moving since I purchased my 2022 Tahoe in October 2021. Thank you.
I have not noticed any presets moving. But admittedly, have only driven about 100 miles since the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne