2022 6.2L Yukon Spun Crankshaft Bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Your starter was toast because it tried to spin a locked up crankshaft? That would be correct.
A little context for you: your car dies and you coast to the side of the road. There’s two children under 2 years old sleeping in the back seat, it’s 3pm and it’s 80 degrees outside. Let me know if there’s something else I should have done besides try and start my car again..? Pls try and add an ounce of value with your comments in the future.

I was merely sharing for Clojycz, so he could prep to likely also be ready to replace his starter.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little context for you: your car dies and you coast to the side of the road. There’s two children under 2 years old sleeping in the back seat, it’s 3pm and it’s 80 degrees outside. Let me know if there’s something else I should have done besides try and start my car again..? Pls try and add an ounce of value with your comments in the future.

I was merely sharing for Clojycz, so he could prep to likely also be ready to replace his star

I was merely sharing for Clojycz, so he could prep to likely also be ready to replace his starter.
Well, it wasn’t 80 degrees, nor did I have passengers under the age of 12 in my ride, but when my transmission pump locked up which is attached to the tq, it only took me less than 3 seconds to realize the starter was not spinning the crankshaft. The starter lived another 130,000 miles before trading the ride. Good day to you.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but I'll leave it here too. I got my vehicle back today after 10+ weeks with a new engine. Here's the service report:
View attachment 397655View attachment 397656View attachment 397657
Nice. Thanks for following up. It's interesting that when I look up the part number for the engine, there are several sites which list them in the $4100-$4500 range. That's slightly cheaper than I can buy a junkyard L92 (2007 Yukon XL Denali 6.2) for with 160K on it, and $1500 cheaper than a factory new long block L92.

Also good to know that they replaced the oil coolers and lines, including the radiator. Looks like they did the job right. Only thing better would be if they could use ARP bolts for the headers, but oh well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24