2021 z71 premium smooth ride suspension squats when towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meags27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for advise
I have a 2021 Tahoe Z71 with premium smooth ride suspension (drew the short straw on my build I guess) when towing my 22 foot Malibu the rear end squats quite a bit. My tongue weight is with specs and my truck is not full of people or excessive gear. I looked into rear airbags but they do not make them for this suspension. Has anyone else ran into this and is there anything someone can recommend? Also, is it hurting anything with the squat? I am well within my tow limits. Thank you

squark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WDH will definitely help this issue…without it, you will get squat.
Agreed. A weight distribution hitch takes some of the weight off the rear axle and distributes it to the front axle and trailer axles. That keeps the rear end from squatting as much and helps with steering by keeping more weight on the front wheels.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smooth ride suspension definitely squats and the wdh is the only thing out there as of now that will help. Eventually I would guess someone will come up with an aftermarket airbag setup but nobody has one available yet

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for advise
I have a 2021 Tahoe Z71 with premium smooth ride suspension (drew the short straw on my build I guess) when towing my 22 foot Malibu the rear end squats quite a bit. My tongue weight is with specs and my truck is not full of people or excessive gear. I looked into rear airbags but they do not make them for this suspension. Has anyone else ran into this and is there anything someone can recommend? Also, is it hurting anything with the squat? I am well within my tow limits. Thank you
What's the trailer weight with the Malibu on it? Looks pretty hefty and it's got an LS! Cool!

Have you taken the whole setup to your local CAT Scales and weighed it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts