2021 Yukon Denali - Auto stop/start - any news on disabling automatically?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayjoans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can confirm that the Range Technology start/stop disabler will not work with the 2021 Yukon. Their site does not list the Yukon under 2021 models, but does list the Sierras. I ordered the 2020 model and called their support line (which is Holley, which owns Range), and was told "it should work".

It doesn't. Full refund, but I hope they get one put together soon. I went ahead with our purchase of a 2021 Yukon with the thought that for sure Range would have a 2021 product that would work. I use the Range cylinder management product on my 2017 Sierra and it's flawless.

I'm a little troubled that you can't get through to anyone at Range using the numbers and email addresses on their site, you have to navigate to Holley. I'm not sure Holley is invested in making Range continue.

AirRocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also wishing it could be permanently disabled. I have found that it cuts power to the auxiliary plug in the back which causes horrible static sounds in the kids headphones.

Yukon21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First of all, the Tech 2 hasn't worked on ANY model since 2013...

GM cannot disable the auto stop because it will affect emissions output. They gave you a button to be able to disable it so you're just going to have to use it. That's the price to pay to still be able to buy a body-on-frame SUV with a big V8. There probably will eventually be something aftermarket to disable it but unless it is like the Range device that just plugs into the DLC port and can be removed at any time it will void your warranty.
You can disable this on the F150 with a $10 FORSCAN cable and <5 min. Certainly, there must be a simple way to disable this for GM products. So much so that GM just announced that they will build Tahoes/Yukon without the start-stop function temporarily because of the chip shortage:

Guiatarzzan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A8E416DF-7751-4E21-851E-FC02B06A64A6.pngHas anyone seen or tried this? It seems like a great option. Does not remove the feature but remembers The last setting when vehicle is shut off. But it can be turned on if desired. The video on the site shows install on a slt trim and not a denali trim. Works with both gas and duramax

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645