2021 Yukon Denali - Auto stop/start - any news on disabling automatically?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Syniba

Syniba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s the big deal about just pushing the disable button?
Make it routine. Start car disable start stop. Put in gear and go.

Not a big deal, just wondering if there was a ready to go solution yet. To be honest, the more I drive it I've realized I barely noticed it. I had a MB C300 a few years back and it was very noticeable, so I was worried.

Artem-G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found that if you press on the brake pedal really lightly, the engine doesn’t stop. It took a bit of practice, but now I can modulate the brakes so that I stop or not stop the engine at will — e.g. depending on how long I estimate the red light to stay — it’s pretty cool actually.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the Diesel engine will have start stop also or not?

morriskb

Reaction score
There’s a product out there called “range technology” that claims to address the auto start/stop issue with a dongle that plugs into the OBDII port. They also have a version to address the afm/dfm although it’s unclear if they can be both in the same unit. They have a disclaimer on there that says the afm/dfm disable doesn’t work yet in the 6.2 with the 10 speed

Craignor

Reaction score
I just saw a YouTube video with an easy way to automaticity stop this feature on Fords.

Go to 3:15 on the video. Someone please try this on your new GM truck and let us know if it works.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I have to clear the back seat reminder in my car because I always put my bag in the back seat It’s second nature now. Just like people who have aftermarket bumper accessories have to disable the park assist.

Back seat reminder can be turned off in the settings menu.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw a YouTube video with an easy way to automaticity stop this feature on Fords.

Go to 3:15 on the video. Someone please try this on your new GM truck and let us know if it works.

I'll try this out! Maybe the adapter will fit inside the plastic hitch cover as well. Nice.

Sinewave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And now I’m eye balling my DMM thinking how to source female/male connectors for this switch....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT